Chapter 8

Khanna Mansion

Neil returns from office. Have chat with family while having tea.

"Avni what have thought about your future ?"
Asked Neil while munching on his pakoras.

"Haan Avni when are you planning to give us tillu ka pillu?? " Bebe started on her teasing mode.

'Oh God whole family has got only one mantra. Tillu ka pillu. Neil.... come to room.I'll show you ' Avni thought in her mind while throwing angry glares at Neil .

"Bebe, what is this? Please leave that poor girl. What is the need of asking that every time? Our heir will come when it's time. They still have got time for this . Avni , Neil you both go to your room." Praksah saved them both in time. 😜😜

' Thank you papa. ' Avni muttered to herself and she really meant it .

As soon as Neil reached the room Avni locked the door .

Neil knew what is going to happen next. 'Be prepared Neil . She is gonna take the ladydon avatar. My lord Bruce Lee.. please save me from this Romanof ( any avengers fans ??) '

" Neil what was that?" An angry Avni asked.

"What did I do Avni? "

" Haa don't act too innocent. I am the one who gets teased. Neil , Why did you ask about future? That too in front of ready to tease Bebe.. "

" Avni, my intention was not that. Do you remember what you told me before marriage??"

" Yeah.. I wanna assist police force in investigation."
" You are closer to your aim Avni. Commissioner has agreed to take you  for assisting me in this case."

" Haaaaaa???? Seriously Neil... Ohhhh I love you darling 😍😘😘😘.." an excited Avni replied.

' Oh God to hear an I love from this tubelight wife of mine I have to do all adventures in life. Why God why did you give this unromantic lady as my wife? . Wait why should I blame God I myself put my head in crocodile's mouth ' Neil thought.

"When can I join the team Neil?"

" You can join Day after tomorrow " . 'God see she is excited in joining job and straight away asked about joining the team. Atleast show some gratitude 😤 . Girls out there are dying to flirt with me and this lady is excited about her dream. '

"Thank you so much Neil. You helped me in achieving my dream. I will always be grateful to you."

" Avni only thank you? You can give me a gift for helping you." A grinning Neil asked

" Ohh yeah . I will give you reward Neil "

"Really Avni ?? I'm ready for gift "

" I will help you in solving this case. That's the biggest gift that I can give you "

" Heeeeiiiiinnnnnnn ??? "
'Oh really. Solving a case is the biggest gift that a wife can give her husband. Wowww.. How romantic.? Somebody inject some sort of romance into this dragon lady. Baby Jesus Christ.. This lady uffff.. '

" Thaaaankkkk you so much Avni  for the greatest gift you assured me " Neil replied with a sarcastic tone.

" Neil , any important break through in case? Or any information regarding the survey number? "

'Directly started working.'
" Yeah . It belongs to Shetty corporates. "

"Shetty Corporates?? You mean the Chemical king Narendar Shetty's kingdom?? Avni asked Neil with widen eyes.

"Yeah Avni ,What happened ? Does it ring any bell?

" Narendar Shetty was involved in some kind of scandal 10 years back . Papa has got proof against him. But papa was not able to produce the proof before that an unfortunate accident happened. " Avni replied in between sobs.

"This case surely has got connection with Shanthi Nagar for sure then. Someone from Santhi Nagar is taking revenge against Shetty."

"Santhi Nagar???" Asked Neil.

********************************************

Elsewhere

' No no fire fire... Paapaa, maammmaaa ....
a crying 7 year old girl and a 17 year old boy calls out. Fire engulfs the whole house . '

"Cupie cake ........ " A man yells as he wakes up with a jerk from his sleep....

His eyes welled up with tears...
My baby doll 😭😭😭😭😭 mammma papppaaaa... Why am I sleeping??? I should be going out for the next target.
*******************************************

The hunt begins ...........