1 - Under The Shooting Star

~.~

Y/N rode her bike back home. The home she got used to love over two years now. And she loved it because it belonged to her.

She felt so lucky that she actually found a well paid job as a vet assistant. The one of the few veterinaries in town and she got able to work at one. So she couldn't feel more lucky. She always wanted to be a vet, it was her dream, after all that's what she studied and worked so hard over three years. She was actually working with the creatures she loved the most. Pets. Maybe she was still unable to have her own infirmary, but she couldn't care any less. For the time being she was happy just the way things were. She was in Min Young-ah's side, trying to get everything she could from her work. Like a sponge, her eyes were always glued on her boss's hands, taking in every move, learning.

It was late March, but still, the weather was kinda chilly and a lot windy so her golden scarf wasn't loose at all around her neck, but too tight, hidden inside of her warm, dark brown jacket. Nevertheless, she could feel her face being icy, probably pinkish also from the cold air hitting her face.

Y/N wanted to reach home fastly, however, she was enjoying the ride home, just like everyday. Her bike was her means of transport, so of course she was keeping her 5 year old, purplish bike in great condition. That day, she would get home a little late since she stopped to a grocery shop. She felt like she needed to get some fruit and vegetables to enjoy with her little pet, but also the best quallity of dry food from veterinary. All of these, packed in her bike's basket.

A sad smile appeared on her lips, when she felt that the past week she had left behind her little friend. So all she wanted was to make up for that. She was ready to do anything to get accepted by him. She would change the chips in his cage. She would even buy the new hypoallergenic substrate with rosewood she saw two days ago at work, brought in as a new product, the very next day. She really didn't want her fluffy friend to get ill, so she was always getting the best for her Kookie. She also decided to bathe her little ball with his beloved shampoo with aroma vanilla the next day, as the weekend was coming up.

Having all of these thoughts classified in her mind, she reached home without even noticing. She locked her bike around her flat's column and fished off her pocket the household's keys with a huge smile on her face. The moment the key inserted the lock, a memory clouded her mind.

~.~ Flashback ~.~

Y/N was returning home with her co-worker Min Yoongi, riding their bikes. A nice, sunny, but kinda chilly mid April evening. Absorbed in their chit-chat, the light brunette girl didn't notice a little, goldish haired, furry ball running in front of their way, stepping on the bike road. All she saw was her friend's small, black, but then wide-opened eyes.

" Yah, Y/N! Stop! " He shouted out, his breaks echoing roughly in her ears.

The moment she noticed the little creature in front of her, her fingers and knuckles turned white as she hard tugged on her breaks with her eyes tight shut, wishing for a miracle.

" Thank God! " A puffed voice, a voice Y/N had never heard before, brought her back to her senses as she slowly opened her eyes.

Yoongi's bike was laying there next to her, her friend on his knees, standing in front of something Y/N still could not make out what it was and there, over him, was another tall, with long legs, thin and athletic guy, his palms on his knees, trying to breath air back in his lungs. His eyes were wide open. Y/N still couldn't see his face's features, only his caramel hair.