5 - Patience's The Key

~.~

Y/N was feeling guilty. Guilty, like choking on your own saliva. Guilty, like feeling breathless to the point of suffocation.

She hurriedly grabbed her raining boots from the shoe rack and slipped them on. Afterwards, she grabbed her coat and umbrella and ran outside with the others, in search of the bunny boy.

Namjoon in his uniform had stopped Kookie, trying to talk to him under a shed just across the road.

Taehyung was the first to notice, while everyone was searching around with their eyes. It did not pass from anyone's mind that Kookie would be able to go through the road, luckily safe. Due to weather, the roads were mostly empty.

" Guys! Over there! " Taehyung exclaimed, showing Kookie's location with his index finger.

All of them crossed the road fastly, reaching them in no time.

Kookie knew Y/N didn't want him around. So what was left for him except to leave this place? Nothing.

As Namjoon was talking to him, his eyes were glued to his dirty, black sneakers. He was soaked wet, but he didn't care. The coldness in his heart was ten times worse than the one his body felt. He was trying hard to figure out why Y/N didn't want him around. Did he do something wrong?

Acknowledging the last two days, Kookie knew there were things he should stop doing and things he should get used to do.

For example, when he needed to do his business he had to go to the little, white room, sit over a white, cold and marble chair that was full of water inside. But what he hated the most was the noise that this chair was making everytime Kookie would pull down the crowbar on the left side. And he was getting frustrated, because he had to pull it down every single time. He wouldn't forget the first time he did, he almost ran off the flat in fear. He was refusing Jimin to use it again for hours, until he almost exploded. He was able to manage that.

Bathing was something different. He liked feeling the warm, almost hot water dropping on his body, relaxing his tensed body. The sensation was sweet, however it took some showers away for him to learn how to use bubble bath, shampoo, sponge and the shower's phone right. But he managed that too, with Yoongi's help and encouragement.

After Kookie learnt how to walk, he was thirsty to learn more things and everyone was happy to show him new stuff. The boys were patient with him, after all he was a good student and they all were great teacher's, each one on his subject. Even if sometimes Kookie couldn't understand, they were trying to explain him in different ways until he would. They disliked making him look stupid.

However, Y/N wasn't much of a help. She was around of course, but always silent. Kookie didn't mind though. It was okay as long as she was in the flat. It was making him happy. Only seeing her walking around was making him happy. Her presence was necessary for him, that alone was enough.

Namjoon, being in service, mottled him running out of the flat, crossing the road without even checking and almost getting hit by a car. He even noticed that the guy was unable to hear the horn of the upcoming vehicle. Luckily the driver had identified him in time and stopped while Kookie simply traversed the road.

A huge weight got lifted off Y/N's shoulders the moment she saw Kookie, but it was Yoongi who ran over and embraced him.

" Hey lads, do you know this guy? " Namjoon asked everyone, gazing Kookie's state.

" Hello Namjoon-ah, yeah we do, he is a friend of ours. " Y/N aswered his question while Jimin was checking up on Kookie.

" Your friend here was pretty careless while crossing the road. " He informed, showing Kookie with his chin.