1

This is set when Percy and Annabeth are Fifteen going on sixteen.

Annabeth p.o.v

"CHIRON YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME" I was so fed up with all of this, can't I have one summer of peace and fun, one were I am not going out to risk my life. "Annabeth we are short on satyrs and you are one of the best campers I know" he was trying to make me feel better but I didn't want to go. "Can't I have one normal summer, one were I don't have to go on some quest" .I was pacing in circles and I felt like stem was coming out of my ears. "Please Annabeth stop this fretting, I will talk to you tomorrow and then you may be more compromising" said Chiron, "ahhhhm" I groaned and thundered out of the big house.

"This isn't fair" I whispered to myself. I was sitting on the big house steps with my head resting on my chin. The early morning sun and the smell of strawberries was strong today. "What up wise girl" my best friend Percy Jackson walked up the path towards me. "What wrong Annabeth" he said concerned. "Are you going to talk to Chiron"I asked."how did you know" he smirked, "just go and talk to Chiron I will tell you after"
"Okay"
he said and as he jumped up the stairs and he touched the top of my head. I didn't know why but that flushed me and I felt a slight blush creeping across my cheeks, I stopped thinking about that and focused like a teen should on the many injustices of the world I live in.

Percy was gone for about ten minutes, I didn't hear much but I did know that someone was walking because the poarch was jittering slightly. I was trying to pick up the conversation, "but why" I heard, it was muffled bu the wood. More voices then the sound of a door slamming. Percy came and joined me on the steps.

"This sucks" Percy said. He had his legs stretched out and his arms crossed, he looked like a grumpy toddler. "Yeah I know" I sighed "but we don't have a choice and it's not like you or I to give up a mission" I said, it was a back handed compliment but it didn't stop that message from sucking. "This could take all summer" Percy groaned "why can't we have normal summers" "that's what I was asking" I said. I knew that there wasn't really anyway I could stop the quest from coming so I stood up and brushed my self off. I offered my hand to Percy and he pulled himself up.

We walked slowly to the cabin, it Was barely the start of summer and campers were already being sent on missions. I could tell I wasn't going to get to spend much time with anyone, I didn't know who I was going to go with but knowing Chiron it was probably going to be Percy. "I don't know who I'm going with but my hunch is it's you" I said, "yeah its always us, wise girl and seaweed brain" he laughed and pushed my shoulder. "The unlucky campers" I pushed Percy back, we laughed in spite of our selves and headed to the our cabins.

My clothing wasn't even unpacked that's how soon we were given a quest, I didn't feel a strong need to because I would be gone in a matter of a few days. I slumped onto my bed, I was tired even though it was early morning. Why is it so hard for us demigods just to be normal, I never wanted to admit it but I was really jealous of all the girls at my school who could just walk around with out worrying that a monster would attack them, they only worried about if their boyfriend was looking at other girls or who liked there instagram post. I was that weird girl who had scars and didn't talk, it hurt to be judged by them because they were Normal and I wasn't.

I forced myself through the rest of the day, doing stuff with my cabin mates and having fun with Percy, relaxing at dinner and burning my food, laughing with everyone but that knowledge that tomorrow I might not be at camp much longer just drained me of all enthusiasm, I welcomed sleep but not the next day.