9

Annabeth p.o.v

I ran down a stone hall way, I could hear screaming coming from a door ahead of me. It could be a monster or another trap I though but in my heart I knew it must be Percy. I sprinted to the door, It's was rusted shut and suddenly all noise stopped from in the room. I waited for a moment, the silence was wrong. I pushed at the door, it's gave a small creak. I stepped back and barged down the door. It flung open and my eyes adjusted to the dark. Percy sitting with his knees up and his back to the wall, he didn't look at me he looked at his hands, riptide was clutched in them. I frozen and was blank as my mind caught up. Percy slowly turned riptide to his chest, he pointed the tip at his heart, tears were dripping onto his shirt and hands were shaking badly . His hands pulled back, OH MY GODS PERCY IS GOING TO KILL HIMSELF my mind screamed and I ran towards him and caught the sword before it reached his chest. I flung it away and grabbed Percy's hands, I wrapped my arms around him and his tears Intensified . He muttered and cried on my shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" he repeated, "no Percy its fine I'm here" I whispered. His hands shook on my back and he was almost choking on his tears, Deliriously apologising and whispering about how he should die. He passed out in my arms as sobs racked his body.

I fell asleep at some point but ist was short because every time my eyes drifted closed I saw Percy's face when he tried to stab himself and his whispering about wanting to die replayed in my mind. What the hell had the cyclops done to him, what it said that made Percy want to kill him self and break down in tears. I was crying for Percy because I knew how he felt. Actually how could I relate I don't know so what Percy and heard, he was stronger then me so what was horrible enough to break him. I brushed the tears from my eyes as I felt Percy stir.

He was silent and his eyes were red and dark. "Percy are you okay" I put my hand on his shoulder but he flinched and pulled away from me, "I-I'm fine, so are we in Daudalus's maze" he said, he tone was so hard and cold and the way he flinched away broke my heart. "Yeah so if we walk around a little bit we should come out some where" I said "then let's walk around" said Percy. He took the lead and marched to the door. We stepped out into the stone corridor and began to walk.

A dark silence had settled on us. Percy was using riptide as a light. I could only think my of the moment when Percy had thrusted that sword as his chest and his heart broken sobs. We had left our small cave behind and bushed into the shadows. We must have walked for and hour and nothing had changed. "Percy we are very lost" I piped up, "yes Annabeth it's a maze how could we not be lost" his voice wasn't sarcastic it was cold and cruel. My heart was like ice and I felt very shameful as his green eyes looked over me. "I-I w-as" I muttered but Percy spoke before me ."if only Rachel was here". Those words hit me and my ears began to ring, no matter how bad Percy had it, WHAT THE HADES, my face flushed and I felt as if riptide was being driven through my gut and I wanted to cry.

We had entered a new style of the Labyrinth. The walls were cobwebbed and painted gray. Our foot steps echoed loudly and shook the walls. I wasn't looking at Percy and didn't see him duck, I walked face first into a spider web. "Eeehhhhhaaa" I screamed as the webs got caught on my clothing and face. I feverishly brushed them off before and spiders could touch me. "Suck it up chase" Percy scolded and rolled his eyes, he has never called me Chase before and it felt more hostile then Wise girl. "Shut up Jackson" I spat back, and scraped the last of the webbing on. "Hmm" percy growled and kept walking. I was so sick of him, what was his freaking problem. A small stone crossed my path as we walked and I began to kick it around. Why was Percy being such a jerk, why was he acting so moody I though and kicked a little harder, what had he seen and why was he being mean to me. I furiously booted the stone ahead of us and it lifted off and smacked the wall with a loud click. "What the heck" Percy gasped as the place the stone kicked began to shake. "Woooaaah" I exclaimed and ran to the wall. The shaking brick retracted into the wall, a button appeared. Compulsively I punched the button, and Percy Scowled at me, a cloud of dust blinded us as a latter crashed down from the roof, nearly Impaling Percy. "YES A WAY OUT" I Jumped, I smiled up at Percy and he didn't even look at me he just turned his nose up and began to climb. My heart ached and a lonely feeling washed over me, what had I done wrong.

The metal rusted bars stung my hands as we climbed and I just tried to numb myself to Percy's passive aggressiveness. Slowly the light seeped in and brighten. "ANNABETH THE TOP" Percy said and his voice was hopeful. Percy's shifted and jumped up of the hole and I followed. We tumbled out of a drain and stood. The ally was different from the one we got attacked in, it was cleaner and the air was dry and dusty. We ran out onto the side walk.

Cars zoomed past and building were like mountains around us. Not many people were on the street and it was almost a million degrees. "Annabeth we are here" said Percy, "Arizona" I asked, "yep"

Edit:
I know this story is doing very well but it hard for me to write this because I can't find the motivation to keep it going, don't get me wrong I love this story but it's draining to write. I have to take another break from this story and have some time before I come back. I'm writing another story at the moment so if you're really book sick then go read that. Please be patient with me. Thank you for the reads ❤️❤️.