20

Annabeth

I was crazy tired. I drove through the night , we made it through West Virginia and were in a small town in Pennsylvania called Lancaster.

"Okay crew lets find a bathroom and pizza" I seat and jumped off the bike.

I had purposely parked infront of Hot z Pizza, it wasn't every busy at 10 am on a Friday but it was open.

We looked ridiculous. Percy and I still in Greek onesies and Lita in a bright orange camp halfblood shirt and to top it all off we looked like walking messes.

"Lita lets go and find a table" I said. We chose a booth up the back. The store was family run with big windows out the front.

I looked back at Lita. She looking me over with her amber eyes, her iris looked like the heart of a fire and the freckles on her cheeks like flying embers.

"So what happened" she asked

"What do you mean"

"Between you and Percy, it obvious that something happened in the Amazon den."

"Yeah Umm it's kind of private Lita" I cut of the conversation as Percy walked over with some glasses of water.

We all chugged the water and not long after a pepperoni pizza came. It wasn't as cheesy or good as new York pizzas but I was so hungry I didn't notice.

"So do we have any idea why the Amazons kidnapped us". Percy asked and finished his last slice.

"Well when I was chilling with Hylla she told me that they had a tip-off from someone that some powerful female demigods were in town. They though Annabeth would join the Amazon queendom."

"They shouldn't forcefully try and make girls join, it should be a choice and that's why I would join hunters of Artemis if anything".

Percy gave me a shocked look, "not that I'm joining them stupid!" I flicked his forehead.

Lita gave us a puzzled look.

"What are the hunters of Artemis?"

"They are like Robin Hood and his merry men but females." Percy joked.

"They are a group of all girls who swear off of boys and in return they become immortal and get to kill monsters with the goddess Artemis for Eternity."

Lita looked out the windows sadly. "It sounds really nice"

"I'm going to ask if they have a bathroom here so Annabeth and I can get changed out of these fancy robes".

We all lakes up the front of the shop to ask the man at the counter.

"No , but next door has one which you could use".

Lita waited by the bike as Percy and I enter a shop called Lovely nails and spa.

A woman with way to much make up told us that there are some up the back and she was okay with it.

I entered the female one and pulled on a fresh change of clothes . I Tied my curly blond hair back into a high ponytail and then I exited to wash my hands.

I scrubbed dirt off my hands and minded my own business.

"Annabeth Chase" a woman hissed. I turned and reached for the knife on my leg.

"Trust me child that's not needed".

A maybe twenty year old woman slithered towards me. She looked like, an instagram model. She was wearing a green crop top, ripped denim jeans and a denim jacket.

"W-who are you"

"Oh child you know me" she seemed to have slit pupiled eyes and a flickering forked tounge that teased the edges of her red lips. If she was so obviously part and a monster, i left my hand on the hilt of my knife..

"Yes I think I do know your name".

The creature smiled. She shifted and in between the rips in her jeans green scales shimmered.

"Echidna, the mother of monsters, wife of typhon"

"Yes dear and I think you will be meeting one of my sons soon".

She ran a clawed fingernail down my face. I crept my hand down my leg and found my knife.

I drove the knife straight up into her ribcage. She hissed as me and dissolved into dust but she left with parting words.

"Run, run run small demigods, for you cannot out run my son, you cannot out run fate."

That was not good.

"Annabeth why did you take so long we have to go..... Annabeth what wrong"

I ran out of the building and I was holding back tears, I was verging on hysterics.

"P-Percy we have Do go, we have to run. I saw echidna and we have to go now!"

"Annabeth slow down" he tried to clam me.

"PERCY we have no time to slow down. One her her monster sons is after us and from what she said we don't have time, we have to get back to camp!"

Percy looked me straight in the eyes deciding if I was not crazy.

His face changed from happy to stone cold.

"Lita get on the bike , we need to go now" his voice was deeper and commanding.

We jumped on the bike and drove straight out of town.

We have been getting lucky with all this stuff we've been stirring up over the country so it only makes sense that something that is bound to kill us at the end and  so close to camp.