15

Percy:

A tight knot was in my stomach As we sped along a highway and slowly left the city. The motorbike was cramped with three halfbloods on it. Lita was on the back wearing our backpack, she was holding onto Annabeth, Annabeth was in the middle, her hands were tightly wrapped around my stomach and her warm breath tickled the back of neck. How was I supposed to concentrate on driving. 

She pressed herself more tightly to my back. Over the wind ripping in my ears I heard her smooth voice whisper into my ear.

"Keep on interstate 30 and we will be in Illinois soon".

Shivers spread down my back. I laughed at myself because that was the least romantic sentence ever yet it made my stomach drop.

This motor bike must be magical because after no time we had Pasted Illinois and entered Missouri, speeding past small towns. The sun casting long shadows as it set, the sky was the same colour as our T-shirt's.

Annabeth passed me a message from Lita. Lita was hungry and needed to toilet.

We pulled up at a cabin hire. Annabeth's map told us that we were in Missouri, Shawnee National forest.

The first cabin rental we found was a place called Willowbrook Cabins.  Annabeth and Lita sat out on the motorbike, I went in to get a cabin. A bored looking guy sat at the desk.

"Hello, May I have a cabin for three"

The bored guy looked me over with blood shot eyes.

"Where are your parents" "oh my mother is sick so my father sent me in to get a cabin".

He shrugged

"For one night, that will be sixty five dollars".

I ruffed through our camp halfblood bags and passed him the money. He handed over a key to cabin 9 and then he put his head down and went to sleep.

We parked to motorbike and entered the cabin.

It was small and sweet. It had one single bed and one double.  The knot returned to my stomach. Annabeth didn't seem to notice or care that we might have to share a bed.

We all sat out side on the Porch. We made small talk but after a while the elephant in the room was brought up.

"So your father is Helios, Lita" Annabeth stated.

"I don't care" Lita looked into the forest.

"Why" I asked.

"Because it's not like he cared about me. He didn't take me from my uncle and he didn't care when I ran away, he didn't care about my mother either."

"Who was your mother Lita" Annabeth asked.

"She was a drug addict. When I was little she used to tell me that she had a one night stand with a beautiful man and then she got pregnant with me. She always told me that she wished she never had me. And then she overdosed on drugs when I was four."

Both Annabeth and I were silent.

"Then I had to stay with my uncle. He was a failure of a man. He always blamed me for killing his sister. He would yelled at me and sometimes hit me. The things he said weren't nice, stuff like ;worthless, stupid, freak, disgusting, worthless. One night he punched me to hard. I was so done with him that I hit him back. He wasn't dead but it left a nasty burn. So I ran. I was seven when i ran away from him. And my father never helped me."

Lita just looked out into the darkness. Her eyes glowing like embers. I felt so bad for her , but part of me felt the same

" Lita when I grew up, my step dad was a man named Gabe. He would Hit and hurt my mother, he would hurt me and call me names to. But what's important is not to blame our godly parents for our stuffy mortal relatives. Yes, the gods could have helped us but they didn't, you shouldn't let that hold you back."