2

Percy p.o.v

I woke up that humid morning, my sheets sticking to my back, yuck. I dressed and when to my door. Annabeth and I had to see Chiron today and then we would be sent on this mission that could ruin our summers.I knocked on Annabeths door and leaned trying to look can cool on the door frame, I stop that and wait.The door knob creaked and I was greeted by her familiar face. "Percy, good, we should get to Chiron early just in case"said Annabeth who was positivity cheer full. She hated early mornings and her hair was in a nest at the back that she was trying to tame. She looked so cute with her hair down that I almost hugged her, dumb brain what wrong with you. "Y-yeah we should go now" I stammered. Annabeth pulled her golden hair up into a signature ponytail and we set off to the big house.

We climbed the steps onto the porch. The table was occupied by Mr D who was shuffling cards and sipping a Diet Coke. "Mr D, were is Chiron" I asked. He looked up as if we were just shadows "Ahh Perry Johnson and Annebelle Catch , you are looking for Chiron , well little hero's he is inside" he drawled in his sarcastic tone. After that he when back to shuffling cards and drinking coke. I caught Annabeth's gray eyes, her look said 'I could kill him' and I agreed Mr D was a pain  and an immortal one. We didn't want to chat with him so we walked into the big house quickly.

We stepped into head quarters, a big ping pong table with plastic chairs all around. "Annabeth, Percy please take a seat"Chiron was in his wheel chair and gestured to the chairs on the other side of the table. "You don't you want to see us one at a time" Annabeth asked, she looked me dead in the eyes. "No no together please" he said. We sat and waited for him to start.

"First of all, this is a mission not a quest, there is a young, powerful half blood we have found, but all of our satyrs are already busy, we need you, the half blood needs you to find them and bring them back" Chiron finished and laced his fingers and his eyes looking across at us. I had no words, of course I wanted to do it but part of me just wanted a break. "I ..I Ah, I will do it Chiron" I set my jaw and answered. My eyes flickered to Annabeth, she was biting her lip and trying not to look at me, "it's okay if you don't wa-" I started but Annabeth spoke. "I cant let Percy go on his own because without me you would be stuck walking in circles, S-Seaweed ... brain" she gushed.I felt calmer knowing That Annabeth might come so I'm not going to be alone, I looked at Annabeth, I knew I was smiling like a goofball, she slowly mouthed Seaweed brain and winked at me. "That great you too"Chiron was smiling

" so the half blood is in Phoenix, Arizona, we don't know who or what there parent is but it's strong" Chiron said. I took in all the information, Arizona that is a long way way. "Phoenix....that's so far" stammered Annabeth. "Annabeth it will be fine, you don't have time limit but getting it done quickly would be good, the longer you wait the more monsters could come" assured Chiron.  "You have me Annabeth , we will be okay and we can do it" I said and I don't know why but I grabbed Annabeths hand and held it. She was blushing and then she nodded "I will do it Chiron, I already said yes and I'm not going back on my word" she looked over at the centaur. "Perfect now get your things you have a bus to catch"

We walked out in the porch. I looked over and Annabeth was shaking, her face looked dark, "Annabeth" I asked, she looked scary. I was taken by shock because Annabeth whipped around and punched the wall. "ANNABETH" I yelled. She had her fist on the wall and the other was over her eyes. "All...all I.i want is just ONE summer" she shuddered "one summer of peace and happiness A BREAK FOR GODS SAKE" she yelled. "Please it's okay Annabeth" I put my hand on her back, "its okay" I pulled her into a hug. Her body felt so right against mine, her warm breath tickled my collarbones, I felt a blush on my cheeks
"Percy" she asked into my camp t-shirt "Yeah Annabeth"
"Can we pack together" she said, she looked up from my hug and stared me  down with her glimmering, gray eyes.How could I say no. "Of course Wise girl".