10

I LIVVVVEEEEEEE
Percy p.o.v

Finally were are in Arizona. The dry air was harsh and didn't do anything to Improve prove my mood. Every time I looked at Annabeth all I could see was that illusion of her hissing insults into my mind.

"So Percy" Annabeth's voice rang out and shook my mind. "Yeah Chase" I said, venom coating my tone. Annabeth recoiled at my words and her eyes flashed with fury. "Okay Jackson have it that way, how are we going to find this halfblood". I didn't met her gaze, "Let's just try and find monsters and go from there".

"THIS IS POINTLESS" I yelled and slammed my fist into a shop wall, some people walking by gave me strange looks. "By the gods Percy CALM DOWN" Annabeth retorted and glared at me. "We have been searching for FOUR hours" I grimaced at the sun now resting lightly on the hills, burning my corneas. "Stop losing your chill, we just have to keep looking, I have a plan" Annabeth said. I turned and looked at her grey eyes that's made my heart ache and my mind burn. My lips worked faster then my mind, "of course you have plan, know it all" I yelled. Annabeth gaped at me, her lips and eyes steeled over. "Well sorry I have the brains to make up a plan" she chilled. That stung and I was not going to let her insult me like that. "Shut y..you ... you" my mind raced trying to think of an insult.

"Hard finding words when you're not smart to know any" she spat and fire burned in her eyes. Anger flamed in me. " I um JUST SHUT U-". "Excuse me but this is more important".

A posh voice rang out from beside us. A small girl with dark hair in a braid, silver eyes, tanned skin and other grey items of clothing.

"Artemis" Annabeth and I gasped at the same time. My anger evaporated like water and we dropped to a knee. "Stand my brave ones" her voice floated in the air with her shining aura. "My lady, why have you come to see us" Annabeth asked and slowly stood again. I followed Annabeth's lead and took to my feet. "I figured I owned you one and my hunters are passing through here" she smiled. " Artemis is Thalia with you" I Hesitantly questioned. "No my hero she is with the hunters, we will be leaving soon"."  also have you got a message and do you know how to find the demigod" I said. She smiled devilishly, her eyes glowing.

You know after sometime you can get numbed to meeting gods in random streets, in a random part of a city, just random. Annabeth and I were in a taxi driving to the destination of this demigod. The favour of Artemis had been kind but like Annabeth told me many years ago 'there is no such thing as a free lunch'. There would be a cost of why she helped us but for now we are going to find this lost demigod.

"Percy". Annabeth's voice shook me from my daze. "Yeah Anna- I mean wise girl" I almost forgot I had to be mad at her. " why...why have you been acting like a.......um...so distant". Silence. "Per-" she started, " can we just focus on finding this halfblood". The silence and musky smell of old taxi wade the air down. I could tell Annabeth was hurt part of me liked that, but I also wanted to hug her and vent all my problems.

We left the smelly taxi and stepped into the dusk streets. Finally I broke our silent plague. "What were Artemis's instructions". Annabeth didn't talk straight away. " To go to this library and get in, the halfblood should be insi-."

BOOM

A ball of light sprung through the windows of the library casting long shadows and lighting up the street. "That's seems like a good place to start" I said and drew my pen.

After that light it was pitch black. Annabeth and I stalked up to the reflective windows. The mortals driving by always seem so obvious. After trying the door handle for some time Annabeth took the side of Her blade and smashed the window. Wow respect I though. Still no sound. We snaked into the mountains of shelves. Hissing broke the deathly dark. "Hold still little one, your trip to the afterlife will be faster". My skin prickled but the voice echoed in the silent library. Annabeth gestured for me to follow. We peeled our ears and eyes to the faint sounds. "Don't fight me child" the thing whispered. "Don't try and fight me" a child's voice gasped into the shelves of books.

BOOM

A whoosh then boom lit up the book shelves again. "Ahhhdk" the monster gasped.  A ball of huge light made sunlight return to the walls again. Annabeth and I jumped around a corner and landed posed to attack. We saw a monster, emposia I though, it had a small figure pressed in a corner. The emposia turned on us and had a pretty school girl smile that hid the smell of burnt flesh and glowing eyes. "A real fight" it licked the air like a snake, "Just what I needed". Annabeth was first to attack. She swiftly famed and attack them jumped over the demon, she guarded thr small figure and left me to take down the monster.

Adrenaline pumped into my veins and I smiled. Poseidon's power surged in my tendons
. I lept in and famed left. I ducked under a swipe and drove my sword up into the soft part of its under arm. The Emposia sizzled and screamed as it fell to dust at my feet. I hardly broke a sweat and I was ready to fight about fifty more but to my avail only one.

Annabeth fell back to my my side. Before I knew it a grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze, "you were amazing" I whispered in Annabeth's ear. Yeah it contradicted all of the hateful wall I am trying to build but something made me do it.

We turned in on the small child gazing back at us, her eyes and hands glowing like a burning star.

                                                     "What's your name"

                                                                 "Lita"

—————————————————————————————————————————————
So hey guys, I'm back.
I have found my motivation again and now I know what direction I want this story to go in. Expect weekly updates from now on Okay. Byyyyeee 💛