Homesick

You sighed as the tears rolled down your face. You had realized minutes ago that you ran into a castle that you had never stepped foot in before. You were lost, but you couldn't admit it. 

"Hello?" You called out, finally admitting to the fact you had no idea where you were. After confusing twists and turns, you finally found a door. You held your breath as you pushed the button. The door opened to reveal a training room. You felt a devilish smile come over your face. You looked around to see what you could fight with.

 "Ah. I see you've found the training room. Quite amazing, isn't it?" You whipped around to see Allura standing behind with a grin on her face. The other paladins stood behind her.  

 "You're on Arus now. I wish I could understand your pain, but now you must fight-" You cut Allura off, not really wanting to hear it.

 "I don't care where I am, I just care where I go. Currently, I wish to go home." You stare at her. She looks to the floor. Regret fills your chest. You turn around to face the room you're in. You can feel the paladins states at your back. You don't expect any of them to talk. If you were in their place, you would shoot daggers at the person who was you. You turn around just to be greeted by their murderous looks. The looks on the paladins faces remind you do much of the kids at school. 

 "Listen," you let out your breath, " I don't know where I am. I clearly haven t made a great first impression. To be quite honest, y'all look like you're about to kill me. I'm used to it, so you can stop. It won't work on me. Looks can t kill quite yet. Anyways, I'm on Arus, yes? " You rub your temples, waiting for Allura's response.

 "Yes. You are now a paladin of Voltron."

 " what exactly IS Voltron? "

 "A robot designed to save the universe and our enemy, Zarkon, will do anything to get his hand on the six lions that form Voltron." Allura's eyes had a certain gleam in them. The others behind her, looked quite proud of themselves . You chuckled and smirked at them.

 "So, you came from Earth. All 5 of you. You left your old life behind to protect the universe?" They all nodded at you. For the first time, you felt something in your stomach. You felt, homesick. 

 "Well, unlike you all, I have a family in Earth. Not really a family, because they left me to die. But I HAD a best friend, who i would do anything to protect, because he was the only thing I had left ." They all have you a saddened look, except Allura and Mullet boy. Lance stepped forward and placed his hand on your shoulder. Tears ran down your face.

 "I too had a friend I left on Earth. But I'm here now, and even if I miss her, and I miss Earth, it's my job to protect the universe. And now it's yours too." You looked up at Lance. He smiled down at you. A genuine smile. One that you hadn't seen in 10 years.