Chapter 2

Somebody knock in the door. "Miss, it's time for the party." The butler said.

"Dad, let's go." Ji Lanie holds her dad hands whose already cold and full of sweat. "Don't worry dad I am here nothing's gonna happen." She said and squeeze his dad's hands.

Ji Lanie opens the door, the butler looks at them especially to her dress. The butler look confused to look at her she supposes wearing a pink princess dress for the show that they prepare.

They walk out of the room and went into the garden where the party held. Ji Lanie could hear her mother speech it's really the same in her past life. In the past, she walks happily with her dad to the front and smiles at everyone while everyone looked at her like she was the stupidest girl they had seen. She didn't know that time her mother denouncing them as a husband and daughter. Lanie looks at her dad, he looks forlorn and bows his head like a lost puppy. She squeezes her dads hands to encourage him. Then she looks at her mother, she can't believe that there is a woman who can humiliate her own child and husband right in front of the public.

"Are you done, Madame?" She asked when her mother finish her speech.

Ji Lanie saw a surprised look in her mother's eyes. She smirks at her she must not expect this. "Oh! Didn't know to dispose of your husband and daughter you will need to throw a lavish party. That's very kind of you!" Lanie insulted her mother. She was trying hard to control her anger not to erupt. She remembers how her dad died in the prison. After a few months, they were kicked out of the Gu household suddenly the police arrested her dad for hacking. Not even a months time her dad died when she asked how her dad died the police keep quiet. Since she was young her dad thought her hacking so she hacks the S city prison surveillance camera where she found out that her dad is been bully and they never give him a single food or water. Through the surveillance camera, she also found out that her mother pays those prison guard to bully her dad. I filed a case and presents the evidence but the police just shrugged it off my dad's case. One of the officers pitying me and told me the truth that the police in S city is under the Gu group. He also advises me that I should forget getting revenge and should focus on my study. I adhere he advise and focus in my life I applied for a scholarship for my school then I sold newspapers and milk in the morning until I finish my elementary years then I applied for a part-time job in a convenience store and gas station until I finish my high school. Everything is in right track and smooth sail after graduating high school I moved in to the Capital since I love baking since young I decide to study being a pastry chef where I was accepted as a apprenticeships in one famous pastry shop in a capital while I was studying pastry in one of the prestigious baking school in the capital. Everything is on right track I become renowned pastry chef that sought after. Not long my mother came to me and asking for forgiveness. I just shun her but through my friends and co-workers urging I gave in which resulted to my biggest mistakes in my life. I was used like a horse my mother asked me to create games comparable to the software games of Longsheng group.

"Shouldn't you also say thank you to my dad, if it wasn't for my dad's help your Gu group will it have something," Lanie said in not so loud but she made sure that everyone could hear cause in her mother's speech she was emphasizing how her dad is a gold digger a social climber and ambitious person. This is a reason why she is divorcing him.

Her mother face becomes pale this is her Achilles heel she claims all her husband work. Now someone likes her and it is a big thigh and if she found out that she abandoned her husband and daughter it will ruin her life and the Gu group.

Before she can depend on herself Ji Lanie spoke first.

"Oh! You don't have to thank my dad, just give his appropriate salary for 8 years working for your game and software developers for you." Lanie ruthlessly told the truth.

Her mother couldn't refute because it is true. "Don't you feel shame your developer's salary is comparable to a servant." She added and pull his dad. "Let's go, dad, we don't need her."

Everyone is silent, everyone is a bit doubtful because the person reveal is a child but judging the reaction of Madam Gu it seems like it's true.