Chapter 18

Longsheng Yuu felt numb. He could not feel anything at all, he felt his life is valueless.

When Madame Longsheng came in the hospital, she's shocked to see her son's eyes he's already void of life. Madame Longsheng tried to talk her son but none of her words registers to Yuu. He still keeps looking at Lanie whose in just two days already has a sunken face.

Madame Longsheng tears fall off. Longsheng Shuai sigh. He did not expect this blow will have a huge impact on his son. "Yuu, do you think there's something you need to do." Longsheng Shuai said to his son.

Finally, there's a reaction from Yuu. He looks at his dad. "Should you seek justice for her." Longsheng Shuai added says.

Longsheng Yuu clenched his fingers and close his eyes. When he opens his eyes became cold with a hint of brutality. His momentum is no different from his father or grandfather. Longsheng Shuai smiles his son finally cope up Lanie's mishap.

Before Yuu left, he makes one last look to Lanie while gritting his teeth he swore. "Lanie I will make sure whoever did this to you will pay a hefty price..." Longsheng Yuu along with his parent left the hospital.

Longsheng Yuu went home with his parents.

But when he got home, the time just pass by and he just hides in his room. His mind is not working, he always keeps in mind that occur three days ago. They were so happy together especially when they dance. I already felt very blessed knowing I was given a second chance to be with her. To know her more. I thought I protected her well cause I hire a secret bodyguard for her. I did not think it is not enough.

When someone touches his head Yuu return to his senses. "Grandpa."  when he looks at the person who touches his head he saw his grandfather.

"How are you doing? His grandfather asks him worriedly.

"Grandpa it hurts, I felt useless I kept thinking how could I be an heir of Longsheng group. If I  could not even protect a single girl." Tears drop on Yuu eyes, he is losing his confidence although in the past he brought Longsheng group at the top of the world. But now is different everything changes its course. So his knowledge of the past is useless.

Longsheng Wang wipes the tears in Yuu's eyes.

"Yuu if you are like that, do you think Lanie will be happy?

"But grandpa what am I suppose to do?

"What about going to Dongyue temple with me let's pray for her recovery.

That's right in the past the heaven listened to my prayer and with the help of Lanie's grandfather who is a Taoist priest

That's right in the past the heaven listened to my prayer and with the help of Lanie's grandfather who is a Taoist priest. Yuu thought to himself. Longsheng Yuu nodded to his grandfather.

"Good, don't worry son every sincere prayer is heard and answered by our Heavenly Father."

That night Longsheng Yuu had a dream that Lanie woke up...
.....

F country

Zhao Wei sitting in the hotel window drinking her tea to calm her nerves. She has a foreboding feeling since the day she and Ji Ling left the country. Her father died five years ago the only thing she left behind is her daughter Lanie although they haven't told her yet the truth yet. Her hunch telling her something to happen to her daughter. But that was impossible cause her father in law is taking care of her daughter like a precious crystal. Not to mention her brother and sister in law are there.

Suddenly the door open and Ji Ling came back from shopping souvenir for their family and friends. She was supposed to come with him but she too tires to moved a bit this morning because of him "doing that" till morning.

Then Zhao Wei realized something is not right with her husband. Her husband is pale. He looks like his soul is been suck out from his body.

"Airen, What is wrong with you? She worriedly asks she stand up and hold his hands. She found out that her husband two hands are cold as ice. Zhao Wei pulls Ji Ling into the couch and lets him sit.

Ji Ling who came back immediately after hearing his elder brother call. He felt his world turn upside down. Ji Ling tried to control his voice to stop shaking. He does not have the courage to broke Zhao Wei hearts. He could not tell her on the day they married their daughter had an accident.

"Furen, I am fine it's just that....let's go back home. I felt homesick already." Ji Ling lied to Zhao Wei.

Zhao Wei sighs a relief. "Okay, I miss our daughter I want to see her, we should just bring her with us."

Ji Ling just looks at his wife and wanted to cry.