Chapter 22

"Miss, I'll ask you something? Did you know that your mother hires someone to drugged Miss Ji Lanie? The investigator from the Ministry of the public security asks Yun Xiao.

Her face becomes pallid. Yun Xiao never expected that they will found out in just 4 days. The main reason why they were found out early there are three groups investigating the Ji Group, Longsheng Group and Longsheng Yuu.

"Why...are you asking...me that?" Yun Xiao stammer asking the investigator. Her heart pounded loudly. I...

"Do you think my daughter also got something to do with Miss Ji Lanie accident. Have you already forgotten that you arrested my wife already, what else do you want? Yun Xiao calms down when she saw her father. She hides in the back of her father.

When Yun Kai saw his daughter ghostly pale he felt distressed.

"Mr Yun Kai don't forget we found a packaging box "acid" in the basement of your house where the name of the receiver is your wife." The investigator looked at them coldly. "You should worry about yourselves because you will be implicated, we just give a face to your sister." The investigator added, what he meant it if his sister wasn't Madam Longsheng he will also be arrested.

"You!" Yun Kai breathes heavily and could not speak. Cold sweat form at Yun Xiao back.

The investigator turns his back. He got what he wants. He took out his cell phone and dialled a number.

"Master, it seems like she knew it."

"Good, good, you'll know what to do to her mother." Longsheng Yuu says while gripping the phone tightly, his hands already white from it.

Longsheng breathes in and out a few times to calm his nerves before he returns to Lanie's room. Yuu put on the amulet on Lanie's neck and hold her hands.

"Lanie when are you planning to wake up?

The door instantly open, Zhao Wei and Ji Ling came in and look for their daughter

When they saw their daughter lying in bed with a life support machine.

Zhao Wei felt her world shatter. Ji Ling shudders even though his brother told him that her Lanie is in a coma and he already prepare but seeing it personally it will break your heart. All of his preparation crumbles.

Zhao Wei runs to her daughter. "Xiao Lan wakes up, mummy is here." Second Madam weeps loudly. Longsheng Yuu moves back to give space for Lanie parents.

When Zhao Wei looks at her daughter's face, she saw Lanie looking back at her.

"Airen she's awake." Zhao Wei excitedly says.

Everyone surround her and call still she did not respond to any of their calls. After five minutes her eyes close again

Ji Yun could not take and suggest to call the doctor. Lu An came with him when they got out tears starts to fall from her eyes.

"Here take this." Ji Yun gave Lu An his handkerchief.

The doctor they call immediately response and check Lanie, everyone went outside in the waiting area. Because of the commotion old master, Wang and old master Fengjun were alerted. The old master of Ji family looks grows old of ten years.

After a while, the doctor came out.

"Doctor, what is wrong with my daughter?" Zhao Wei asks.

"She's in vegetative states right now." The doctor says

"What is that mean? Why did she open her eyes?" Ji Ling confusedly ask.

"A vegetative state is the absence of responsiveness and awareness due to overwhelming dysfunction of the cerebral hemispheres, with sufficient sparing of the diencephalon and brain stem to preserve autonomic and motor reflexes and sleep-wake cycles. Patients may have complex reflexes, including eye movements, yawning, and involuntary movements to noxious stimuli, but show no awareness of self or environment. There is good news now, Miss Ji Lanie now has 50% chance of coming out." The doctor explains.

"Thank god! It's better to have a 50% chance than not knowing her  life or death."  Wang Shi says

"Doctor for how long she'll be in a coma?" Zhao Wei asks persistently as a mother she wanted to know everything.

"The common patient usually woke up after 2 to 4 weeks. We will do a PET test to make sure assess cerebral function since her cause of coma is cerebral hypoxia." ( I don't know if this is correct diagnosis I'm not a doctor ε٩(๑> ₃ <)۶ з ).

( PET-positron emission tomography scan is a type of imaging test. It uses a radioactive substance called a tracer to look for disease in the body.)

Cerebral Hypoxia-A mild to moderate impairment of brain function due to low oxygen levels in the blood.