Chapter 25

I felt elated when their announce my name passes the elimination round. There are 20 competitors in the elimination round only 12 left I was lucky to be one of the 12 competitors left. After the elimination, no one pinpointing or laughing at me. My confidence in baking starts to return to me.

In the first round, we will make a fondant cake. Since I am alone, I chose a marble fondant cake with black and white simple flower decorations.

 Since I am alone, I chose a marble fondant cake with black and white simple flower decorations

My cake will be a chocolate cake with peanut butter cream mousse fillings. I will also put chocolate ganache on top of my cake it will help the fondant for a smooth appearance.

In order to make a marble appearance. A portion enough black and white fondant to cover my cake. Then I roll my fondant into long ropes, equal in size. Cut the white rope in half and lay a piece on either side of the black rope. Next, I need to twist the ropes together and give them a gentle squeeze so that they stick together. Then I Squish the fondant down a little with the palm of my hand to get it started and then roll the marbled fondant to whatever size I needed.

For the flower design of my cake, I use gum paste since they dry hard easily and they are edible.

After 3 hours it's judging time. The judge like my cake and it is a cook to a perfection. The cake I made is very moist. My fondant is also clean and smooth there is no wrinkle. The only problem with my fondant cake is the design is very simple.

While waiting for the decision of the judge my hearts beat like a drum. My hands are cold like an ice. I was silently praying that I could pass this round. After ten minutes of their deliberation.

I was shocked when they called my name. I managed to pass the first round from twelve competitors down to six.

There are only six groups left tomorrow will be the finals. In the final rounds, we are required to make a sculpting cake.

For the theme, it is Christmas we are required to make a Christmas cake sculpting. Since the final rounds are 5 hours the judge gave us a time to think of our design and they will give each group two helpers. A relief wash over me I finally have a helper.

The day has come, the competition started. I kept having a feeling someone keep staring at me and it is very disturbing. I can't concentrate on my work. My eyes darted across the spectator I don't see anyone looking at me but when I peek at the VIP seats. My heart skips a beat. Longsheng Yuu staring at me with a serious look. Immediately I bow my head. My face is red from embarrassment.

"Are you alright? One of the helpers worriedly asks. She found out my face is red as if I have a fever.

"Don't worry I'm ok and concentrate on your duty." While waving my hand.

The five hours came to an end. It's judgement time. I was shocked to see the "sugar king" as one of the final judges.

The judge asks me about my cake.

(This cake is not mine I found this in google images)

My cake was a two-tier consisting of a double layered, chocolate, nine-inch bottom and a double layered, vanilla, six inch top. The cake was filled and covered with vanilla buttercream then airbrushed red. All of the trees, snowmen, and gingerbread men are made of fondant and gum paste. All elements of the cake are edible except for the lights.

The end of the competition comes to an end I won a bronze, they like my cake especially the flavour is there, my cake is moist just like the other rounds but when competing I should do more like gravity-defying more elements. Although my airbrushing technique is really good my sculpting is a bit common. For the first time joining a competition and win a bronze I think this is a big step for me.

Afterwards, of the competition, the sugar king call for me while we are talking not far away I saw Longsheng Yuu glaring at me. (he is not glaring at you but at the sugar king/Zhou  Yi).

I did not understand what sugar king asks me but I immediately agree to him and run off.

My boss and co-workers celebrate my returning with a bronze medal and they put my cake in the shop. They do this because they are guilty of playing jokes on me. I forgave them since it did no harm.

After three days, Zhou Yi suddenly visits my workplace to be his assistant to this upcoming international cake competition. My boss is urging me to go, who would not want to go.  I mean who is Zhou Yi he is famous for sculpting myth and legend character for his cake. He is also one of our countries talented cake decorator winning 2 gold medals and 2 bronze medals at the international cake competition.

I did join in his crew were he won for the 3rd medal and he became a world's top patisserie. He became my inspiration, I swore to myself that I'll work hard.

I came back to my work this time something change in me.

After my return, my boss adds to our product line a customized cake.

In a few weeks of time, our shop became popular for customising the cake.

Never in my wildest dream that one day I would be able to see him.