{0.6}

I'm woken up by the sound of knocking on the door. I roll over and come face to face with Toni.

"Morning sunshine."  She says.

I just huff and roll back over, "who's knocking on your door so early in the morning?" I moan.

"No idea but let's go find out." Toni answers and give me a little shove.

I groan and sit up, "why do I have to come?"

"Cause I want you to."

We both get up and walk out the bedroom into the living room. I plop myself down on the couch as Toni goes over and opens the door.

I hear the voice of Sheriff Keller. This gets my attention so I turn on the sofa to look at them.

"morning Miss Topaz. Is your grandfather about?" He ask.

"No he's sleeping and I don't like waking him." Toni replies.

"Well were just here inquiring about the Pickens head. It went missing."

I stifle a laughter and it ends up sounding like I'm hiccuping. Sheriff Keller turns to look at me.

"Oh Amelia. I'd didn't see you there." He says looking at me with a confused look on his face. "What are you doing on this side of town?"

"Had a sleep over with my friend."  I say nodding my head in Toni's direction.

"Okay. Well we've missed you. You should pop around sometime for dinner. I'm sure Kevin would like that." Sheriff Keller says. Me and his son Kevin used to be best friends before I severed all ties with people.

"Sure." I say forcing a smile.

"Anyway back to the head Miss Topaz."Sheriff Keller says.

"Don't know nothing about it." She bluntly says.

"Are you sure?  You did seem quite worked up yesterday." Sherrif Keller says raising an eyebrow.

"Are you suggesting I stole some stupid head!" Toni says getting angry.

"Not at all."

"Well I'm going to ask you to leave now as i won't answer anymore questions without a lawyer present."

"There's no need for a lawyer Miss topaz. I was just going around and asking if anyone knew anything. That will be all." Sheriff Keller turns and leaves just as Toni slams the door shut.

The pink haired girl comes over and sits next to me, she sighs before turning to me. "So I'm your friend huh?" She says.

"I mean only if you want to be." I reply scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Well you are from the Northside." Toni stared and I blush. Well this is awkward. "I'm kidding,  of course I'll be your friend Amelia."

We both smile. After that we decided to lounge around and watch tv for a bit as it's not time to get to school.

When we get ready Toni lends me some more clothes. I end up wearing some black and red tartan leggings,  distressed black shorts and a black baggy top. I'm also wearing the leather jacket she gave me.

She gives me to ride to school on the back of her motorbike so I don't have to walk all the way.

Once at school we head over to where the serpents are hanging out.

"Hey guys." Toni says sitting down next to fangs.

"Topaz." Fangs greets. "And our Northside princess."