{0.8}

I'm in school putting books in my lockers when someone comes up next to me. I turn to see my old friend Kevin Keller. It's a shock to see him here as I haven't spoken to him since I found our that my dad was responsible for my brothers death. Which I kind of regret now because looking back I could have needed a friend like Kevin to support me.

"The police found a dead body this morning. There is blood everywhere." He says kind of excited.

"Ew" I say. I used to be all in with Kevin's story's about what he hears on his dad's scanner but ever since my brother not so much.

"Oh shit. Sorry." He mutters remembering Jason. "I forgot. I'm so sorry Amelia. I just wanted a reason to talk to you and I remembered  how hyped we used to get."

"It's fine kev." I say, the old nick name rolling off my tongue. Kevin smiles at this.

"Good. I hope me coming up to you is okay. I've just missed you so much."

"I've missed you too." I pull him in for a hug.

"I've got to go but we'll catch up soon, okay?" I nod in response and he walks off.

I turn and shut my locker. I spot sweet pea out of the corner of my eye. He looks different. I notice he's not wearing his usual attire.

"Hey." I say frowning at his new uniform.

"Don't mention it." He says slamming his locker shut. "Weatherbee made us wear them. Says we don't have riverdale high attire."

"You look cute." I tell him.

"Cute is not how I want to look."

"I know but try and make the best of it." I say putting a hand on his shoulder. "Though I'm not liking that you have to cover your tattoo and the turtle neck looks stupid."

"You can say that again princess." He says wrapping his arms around my waist. I quickly pull away from him.

"Not here." I say.

"Why not?"

"I just don't want everyone to know yet. I'm not sure how my sister would react to me going on a date with a serpent."

He looks hurt at first but brushes it aside and nods.

"And stop calling my princess." I snap at him. I turn and walk away as he laughs at me.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

After school I go home and get ready for my date with sweet pea. I wear a black dress with a lace bodice and the leather jacket Toni gave me with black heels.

I'm doing my make up when Cheryl walks in my room, forgetting to knock as usual.

"Why are you all dressed up little sister?" She asks taking a seat on my bed.

"I'm going on a date." I say whilst applying my mascara.

"Anyone I know?"

"Nope" I pop the P

"Well let me do your hair for you you have to look perfect for this special guy."

I nod as my sister comes over and starts brushing my hair. She hums as she's doing it.

"We have hardly talked after what happened at Pickens day." She says.

" about that-"

She cuts me off "I'm proud of you little sister. For standing up for what you believe in."

"Thanks Cheryl." I say as she finishes the half up half down hair style she was doing.

"Well I'll let you get to your date." She says leaving the room shutting the door behind her.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

I arrive at Pops and take a seat on a booth waiting for sweet pea.
I look out the window and see him ride up on his bike.

He comes in and sits opposite me.

"Hey. You look beautiful." He says scratching the back of his neck. I laugh at his awkwardness.

"Your not looking so bad yourself sweets." I say.

Pops comes over and asks us what we'll be ordering. I order a strawberry milkshake and a plate of fries whilst sweet pea orders a chocolate milkshake and a burger.

"Tell me a bit about yourself Amelia Blossom." Sweet says leaning forward in his seat.

"Well as you know I'm a blossom which is a bad thing in some ways and a good in others. I'm a sibling of three...Well I was now there's just two of us."

"Sorry about your brother Amelia." Sweet pea says placing a hand on mine as pops comes over with our order.

"You two enjoy your date." Pops says with a cheery smile before walking off.

"I live at thistlehouse with my nana rose and sister and mother." I say. "That pretty much sums me up."

"Come on there's got to be more to you than that. Tell me what's your favourite colour?"

"Black." I say.

"Really?"

"What? I like the colour don't judge." Sweet pea puts his hands up in defence.

We spend the rest of the night getting to know each other in turn asking questions.

After we finish eating we head out towards his bike. I wrap my jacket around myself against the cold.

"You cold?" Sweet pea asks. I nod. He then wraps his arms around me and i instantly feel warmer.

"Thank you." I say turning in his arms so I'm facing him.

"Anytime princess." I groan at the nickname. Sweet pea laughs at me. "Your gonna have to get used to it cause that nick name is here to stay."
I roll my eyes in response.

"Maybe I might get used it." I say

"And maybe I really want to kiss you again right now."

"Then maybe you should do it."

"Maybe I will."

He leans in and closes the gap. The kiss is soft at first, sweet. I melt into his arms wrapping my own around his neck. I stand up me onto my tip toes and deepen the kiss.

It's not long before he's asking for entrance and I let him willingly. We kiss for a little longer before we pull away. I smile at him as he rests his forehead on mine.

"Amelia?" He says.

"Yes." I say quietly feeling his breath on my skin.

"I know it's only been one date but will you be my girlfriend?"

"Maybe." I tease. He rolls his eyes at me. "Yes" Sweet pea's face breaks out into a smile and I can't help but smile back. The boy picks me up and swings me around in his arms before putting me down and kissing me again.

"Let's get you home." He says pulling away.

Word count 1090