Chapter 1 - Where am I?

"I can do this no longer" was the last thing I said to myself as I swallowed the pills with some alcohol.

It wasn't as I expected. I thought I was going to faint, and then die in my sleep, not vomit all over the place so all my organs hurt. I succeeded to reach my phone and call the person who I thought would help me, since I had her on speed dial, I thought it would be much easier to call her then dial some numbers when I barely could see anything because of all the tears I had in my eyes.

It came two signals before I heard her voice. "Hi sweetie, I'm in a meeting right now. Can I call you in a minute?" I heard her voice say. Oh mom.. Always there for me.. "Ma..." I said, before I dropped the phone on the floor and lost my conscious.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

"Melodie?" I heard someone say. It sounded like he or she was miles away from me, but yet so close. "Mel.. My darling?.." Someone said again. I could now hear that it was a girl, or more like women, who was speaking to me. She sounded much closer now than before. "Melodie, please wake up.. Please don't die on me" She said between sobs. It sounded like my mother. But why would she cry? She has never cared about me before.. Well, i guess it's true what they're saying 'Nobody cares, unless you're pretty or dead'. 'Please.. Mel.. Say something.. " I really wanted to answer her, but I couldn't. My whole body was numb. I could hear her cry so clearly now, and all I could do was listening to her. After many attempts of talking, someone else walks in the room.

"So... Mrs. Leach" A man said. "Your daughter is a very lucky lady. She may be unconscious now, but in few days..." "Days?!" The women interrupted the man. "You can't be serious? I have this very important meeting tomorrow! She has to wake..." Mom spoke very fast, only to have the doctor, i presume, interrupt her as she did with him before. "Mrs. Leach! Excuse me, but there's more important things than meetings!" The doctor sounded pretty annoyed and I understand him. My mom, aka Lauren Leach, only cared about her job, her youngest daughter and her new husband. It has always been like that. 'Oh you should try to talk to her about your problem' everyone keeps saying, but have the thought ever hit you like, I HAVE TRIED! But she never listen to me. She always has a meeting she has to attend, or my sister is having a concert she has to watch, or her man that literally complains. All. The. Fricking. Time... Like wow, you seriously are in need of a chill-pill or you're going to kill yourself. Damn.. Just calm down Mr everything in this world bugs my ass.

"Your 18 year old daughter nearly died yesterday! Don't you want to be here when she wakes up? I bet she wants you to be here." The man said, leaving the women speechless. The only thing I heard now was small sobs, probably from mom. It was completely quiet now, I could only hear my own thoughts and some sobs now and then.

I started to lose this numb feeling, and I could feel my eyelid getting lighter. I opened my eyes carefully and everything was a blur at the beginning. But as soon as I got used to the light, I saw a women sitting in a chair close to the bed I was laying in. She was asleep and her hand was on top of mine.

I moved my hand a little, to inform her that I was awake now, and I could see her eyes slowly open. She looked at me, with her eyes that now was red, and a little smile came across her face.

When she finally realized what had happened, she started to call both the nurse and the doctor. She then looked down at me "Everything will be okay. The doctor will come soon, and he's going to help you." The lady said. She was blonde and had short hair. Her eyes was bloodshut, but you could still see her naturally eye color, which was electric blue. She look realy exhaused, like had been up all night. But sleeping on a chair, in that position she was in, can't be very comfortable. So I understand that she looked like she did when she woke up. I most look horrible too now.

I recognized that voice. It's the same voice I heard when I was numb. "Mom?" I asked carefully. Oh god, it hurts so badly to speak. "Yes dear?" She answered me. "Where.." I swallowed. "Where am I?" She looked at me with worry in her gaze. Before she could answer, a women opened the door. "Hello, miss Leach..." She started, "I'm Patricia, and I will be your nurse for the day" The nurse continued. The nurse had long thin hair which was black as the night. Her eyes were blue as the ocean and she wore glasses. She had perfect skin, I couldn't spot one single pimple or wrinkle on her face.

I looked at her with a puzzled look. "Wh-what happened" I asked her. "Well... The ambulance came to your house and found you passed out on the floor" She took a breath and looked at mom, as she wanted permission to continue the story. Mom only nod and Patricia continued. " I wasn't with them when they found you.. But in stands in this journal that they found pills and alcohol beside you. And there was vomit all over the place." She finishes.

I didn't know what to say. I don't remember anything of it. My mind was a completely mess right now. I looked at the nurse, and raised my eyebrowns while still looking at her, "You got a minor kidney damage. It will hurt if you're laughing or when you're going to the bathroom" She said as calmly as possible. Probably so she wouldn't freak me out or anything. "But you also have a brain damage...". She looked at me, examinated every movement I did. "I'm really sorry Miss.Leach..." Was the last thing she had time to say before the door opened once again, but this time a tall man came in. He had light brown skin and his hair looked really fluffy and was dark brown. Almost as black. His eyes was chestnut brown. He was really beautiful. "So Miss. Leach.." He spoke. "Has Nurse Patricia told you why you are here?" He asked while looking in my eyes. "Y-yes" Was all I could say. It still hurts to talk so I don't really wanna talk that much. "Okay, so now you at least have a clue on what's going on and you'll be able to go home as fast as all the blood samples have arrived" Wait.. Patricia never told me anything about any blood samples. "Blood samples?" I answered, looking at him nervously. "Yes, didn't she mention it?" He said, taking a pause. I only shook my head in respond and he then described for me what he meant by 'Blood sample'.

They only needed my blood to make sure everything was as it was suppose to be like. Well, except for the brain and kidney damages. "M-my brain da-damage? Sh-she didn't tell me e-everything about t-that?" I stuttered looking in at the doctor. "Oh okay. You have a brain damage, and you maybe wont remember everything about your past. And you will also stutter. But don't worry about that, it will go away after a few weeks" The doctor was speaking really fast so it was hard to keep up with what he said. But i managed to do it and my only respond was to nod.

When the sample was fixed, the doctor saw that everything else was in order. He asked me if I wanted to stay for the night or go home. My mom hurried to answer before I got the chance "Of course she can go home today." She said staring at me and then the doctor. "She is perfectly fine, and if she wanna rest. Then she have a bed at home" Mom said smiling politely yet kinda scary to the doctor.

The doctor looked at me for approval and I look at mom then back at the doctor and nodded. So he wrote something on the journal and then left. A few minutes later, he came back with papers and told me that I had to go to the pharmacist and show them the papers and then they will give me medicine for my kidney and for my brain. After I received the papers, mom helped me to stand up and a nurse showed us the way out from the hospital.

We walked to her car, and I opened the door in the front so I could sit beside mom and she went to the other side and sat in the driver's seat. She started the car and started to drive. At first we didn't talk, and I was completely fine with it because my throat still hurts so much. But after awhile mom said with an annoyed voice "Why?!" . "W-why?" I asked raising my left eyebrow. "Don't play stupid. Why did you do it?!" She said even more annoyed now. "I..-" I started. Then I swallowed nervously. "I don't re-remember". "Oh please Melodie. I was really worried when I received that call from you. I had to leave my meeting because of you too." "Why d-do you have meetings a-all the time?" I looked at her but she kept her eyes on the road all the time, looking kinda annoyed my questions. "I don't have meetings 'all the time'" was all she said and I only looked at her while she said that, then I looked out. I don't remember this place, everything we drove by was new to me. We drove by some tree's, a few houses, meadows and a lake. It wasn't until I saw this big red cottage, I got this familiar feeling. When mom parked the car a few meters in front of the house, I understood that it was where we lived.