Chapter 4 - The Punisment

Mom came towards me with a whiskey bottle in her hand, "oh so now it fits to come home!" She said sarcastically as she made her way to me. She grabbed me by my shirt and dragged med along with her. "L-let me go." I begged her. But she didn't listen, she continued to drag me. "I haven't d-done anything w-wrong!" I now said a little bit louder. "Whatever Sophie told y-you, isn't t-true, she's t-he one who is l-lying!" I basically yelled at her. But she kept dragging me. She stopped at a door and put her key in the keyhole and unlocked it. Behind the door, there was a stair going down. I guess it's leading to the basement. She forcefully turned me around so I was facing her. I had my back turned at the stairs. She looked me in the eyes and shouted, "Can you shut the fuck up? Stop making up lies about your sister. She has done nothing to you!" And shoved me down the stairs.

Fortunately, I didn't fall. I reached for the railing and stopped in the middle of the stairs. I started to walk up the stairs again when I heard the key twist. She had locked the door. Why are they doing this to me? And why just me and not my sister. That's really weird. Have I really ruined their lives so much that they have to lock me in the basement?

I walked to the step that was closest to the door. I tried to find the light switch and eventually, I found it. I walked down the stairs and got extremely scared when I felt a hand grab my wrist. Whoever that grab my hand dragged me backwards. I couldn't see who the person was, all I could see was the walls. The red/brownish walls who was surrounding us. There were a lot of dirt on the walls, and spider web here and there.

I tried really hard to get out from his grip, but to no use. The person who held me was much stronger. The person dragged me to the wall where a chair was placed. I was pushed into the chair and soon I saw the face of the person who has been dragging me.

Stephan.

This is really a crazy family. Like, what normal person would lock their own daughter in the basement. With a psycho husband waiting downstairs.

He tied my wrist to the armrest so I wouldn't be able to escape. I struggled as much as I could, but it all led to a slap against my cheek. It was a really forceful hit and I felt some tears running down my cheek. It wasn't like I cried or anything, but when he slapped me, I closed my eyes and it all led to tears running down my face.

"Stop fighting!" He now yelled at me and tied the rope harder.

"Never, j-just let me g-go already!" I screamed back at him, and spitted him in the face.

He touched his face, where the spit was and used his hand to remove it. "Oh Melodie.. How stupid can one be? You should think about that your actions have consequences." He said, slightly laughing sarcastically. He now slapped me even harder across the face, and I could feel something running down the cheek. It was probably tears and blood, because when I looked at his hand, he had this red liquid on it.

"Oh and don't you think that I have seen your scars? You can trie to hide them, but to no use.." How can he have seen my scars? They were on my stomach, or do I have them somewhere else? Wait.. What if this creep have watched me sleep? Omg, I seriously can't stand this idiot. And so what if he has seen them? What does that have to do with anything at all? What the fuck is he planning to do?..

I watched every move Stephan did, and now he had his back towards me while he did something on a table. A table who were made of steel and on the table I could see knives, some tools, like a hammer, drill, saw. That was basically everything I could see, but he had more things. He turned around so he was facing me now, and with every step he took I could feel my heartbeat get louder and I was sweating so much.

I was worried about what he might do now with me. What if he kills me? Or rape me? I can't stand this, being tied up in a basement with a maniac, and no one else beside mom and my sister, knows what's going on right now.

"Since you like to hurt yourself, " He started walking even closer to me, his hands were behind his back, and he was trying to hide whatever he took from the steel table as a secret from me. "This won't be a biggie." He added. He was no longer hiding his hands, so I could now see what he kept as a secret before.

A razor blade. Please tell me he's kidding. "No, I-I'm begging you!" I plead. "Please don't do it!" All I ever did was to whine and plead for him not to hurt me.

But he refused to listen.

He stood in front of me.

He took the razor blade to my left thigh.

And I could feel the pain going through my body. The blade was so sharp. Well, of course it's sharp, it's a razor blade, but still. I have this feeling that he somehow sharpened the blade just so it would hurt more.

I could feel my eyes burn of all the tears I had, I whimpered, and whined as he continued to torture me. He didn't care about my feelings at all, I was broken inside. I just got out from the hospital and now he abuses me. The thing that bugs me the most is that I don't even remember him doing this to me before. Sure, I have a few bruises here and there, but it mights as well be from my clumsiness. But I guess it's kinda good, not remembering the bad things, isn't that what everybody wants? To forget all the bad things that has happened to one? But actually, I wanna remember my past. Call me weird or whatever, but it's a part of me, and I wanna be able to see back to that and remember how strong I am.

Stephan was still cutting my legs, I looked down and saw the blood from my leg. My whole thigh was red and I could barely see my skin anymore. When I saw all that, I couldn't help but think of Michael. I was with him today, before all this happened. We laughed, he smiled, I was happy. We had a good time even tho it only was on our way to my home. I wanna meet him again, I wanna forget about Stephan and all this pain and just be with Michael. To see his green eyes again, his beautiful smile and his cool hair, I just hope this will be over soon so I can check my phone to see if he has texted me. Even tho I have my mobile with me, I haven't felt anything and I can't check either since my wrists are tied up.

"You should really think about your actions." I heard Stephan say. "Don't be so rude to Sophie!" He said later, and moved away from my thigh. He went to the steel table and picked up a bucket beside the table. He then came up to me again and said, "I'll let you go after this," I swallowed nervously, afraid of what he was going to do with bucket. "But remember, you will be punished, and next time will be even worse than this." He finished.

"Please, please, pleaseee" Was all I dared to say. My eyes still burned, and so did my leg and my cheek do too.

I felt something pour over my open wounds on my leg, and after a second it hit me. He poured alcohol on my wounds. I started to scream, the pain was unbearable. It hurt me when he cut my leg and when he slapped me across my cheek. But this was so much worse.

I just closed my eyes, tears running down my face as I scream as loud as I could. I heard something being slung in the wall, and I assumed it was the bucket because I could no longer feel something being poured.

The pain being to much now, and it was too much to handle. I passed out, with the last words "I hate you." Slipping out of my mouth.