Chapter 24 - Tough Luck

I've been with this guy, that I barely know, for a few hours now. He talks about all kind of things while I'm getting more and more worried about the guys. I swear to god, if they don't arrive to this fricking bus soon, I'll go to my house, and fucking shoot my step father in the forehead. Something must have happened. What's taking so long? Can't they just be back now. I wanna make sure that they are okay..

"Do they have their phones with them?" I burst out. I probably interrupted Ashton's speech, but I stopped listening when he started to talk about how weird fruits looks. Like, I don't care about fruits now, I just wanna know if the boys is alright.

"Sorry, if I interrupted you.." I apologize. "But can you call them, to see if they're okay?" I continued. He glared at me shocked, and nodded his head slowly. "Yeah, I can call them.. Oh, and you're such a good listener, Mello" he said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. "thankyou thankyou thankyou!!" I cried out and took the phone that laid on the table and gave it to Ashton. "And I know right?! Best listener you'll ever meet!" I winked at him and he took the phone and muttered something like, "I doubt it.."

I watched Ashton type in his code and going straight to the contacts, he pressed on Michael's name and laid the phone near his ear. I put my head close to his so I could hear the conversation as well. 
Four signals went by and he still didn't answer. "Call one of the other's?" I quickly said getting frustrated. and moved away from his face.  "Shhh" He put one finger in front of his lips, and looked in front of him. 
"Did he-" The stranger next to me put his large hand over my mouth. "Quiet." He hissed and looked puzzled. 

"He's in danger." Ashton suddenly rushes up and put his phone in his back pocket. It takes time for me to finally process what he said, and when it finally hits me I rushes up as well, "I told you! I fucking told you!" I yelled, but Ashton didn't seem to care. "Show me the way to your house," he said and I mumbled an okay before running out the door with Ashton right behind me. 

"Luke! Where's Mike?" I heard this thick Australia voice say behind me. "Why didn't you go with him?" He sounded out of breath, but we couldn't stop now. "You're outside, right?!" He kept talking. "Be right there!" Was the last thing he said before rushing over to my side. "Michael went inside the house by.. by himself. The guys.. have tried to.. to break... the door, but they can't." His breathing was fast and it sounded like he was close to fainting. 
"Okay..." My breathing was almost the same as him. It was to difficult to talk now, and I could almost taste my lungs in my mouth. 

It took us three minutes to reach the house and we ran our fastest up to the blond guy and the black haired guy, who tried to kick open the door. 
"Why...Why didn't you break the window?" I panted for breath, while pointing to the window. "Oh..." Was all the two boys said, and looked at each other then at the window.

"Dumbasses.." I muttered and picked up a rock and threw it at the window. It shattered in millions of pieces, "Um.. Your jacket, please..." I looked at Luke, who just looked confused. "So we don't get glass in our hands when we climb in?" I stated, but it came out more like question. He hurried to give me his jacket and I used it to removed the glass that still was there and left the jacket on the windowsill.

Just when I was about to jump in, in the house, Ashton spoke, "Wait!" I turned my head in his direction. "We don't know what's on the other side. Let me go in first." I obeyed his order and jumped down, and Ashton jumped in instead. 
"What if it's a trap?" Calum suddenly said and we all looked at him, "You could've thought about that a little bit earlier, mate" Ashton said and rolled his eyes. But he didn't seem to care about it anyway. 
"Let me go inside now," Luke spoke and went to the window. I stopped him by putting my hand on his chest. "Not so fast.." I told him and peeked my head in the window. "Ashton.. Is the coast clear?" I whispered, but I didn't get an answer. "Ashton!" I whispered a little bit louder. "Ash!" I whisper yelled. Still no answer. 

"Let me go in. I need to make sure my pal's are okay!" Luke pushed my lightly and I couldn't blame him. I want to go in so badly, but we can't save them if we're dead. 

Luke went inside, but he stood by the window and looked around. "I can't see anything, it's too dark." I peeked my head in the window once again and it wasn't that dark. "No, it's not.. Just.. um, use your ears!" I exclaimed, and he looked like a question mark. "Try to listen if you can hear breathing or like.. walking.. Or something!" I explained slowly and hoped he would understand.
"Right!" He whispered and walked slowly away from the window. 

Calum and I stood by the window and waited for Luke or Ashton to return and tell us that the coast was clear. But none of them came back.
"Why didn't they just open the door for us?" The tanned guy asked me, and looked over at the door. "I have no idea.. " I shook my head. "Same reason you and blondie didn't think of breaking the window?" I said sarcastically and he nodded, "Good point there, Mel... Mandy.. Melissa?" 

"Melodie?" I asked him, "I was going to say that.." He defended himself. "Sure, you were... But hey, I think you were right.. It's a trap.." I looked worried at him, wanting him to say something comforting, like, don't worry, Melodie, they're totally safe and will win this. But he kept quiet and looked as worried as I were.

"What are we suppose to do now?" His voice was full of frustration. It took me a few seconds to finally understand what he meant, "Uhm.. Should I climb in and open the door for you?" I asked him, but he shook his head, "No.. We have to stay together.. Two is stronger than one, after all.." And he was right. We have a better chance of winning this if we're together. "Alright.. Do you have a plan?" I looked at him and it looked like he was thinking.

"Oh I know!" He burst out. "First we have to find the room they're at!" He walked around the house and when he was about to look in the first window, I shouted "I think I know where they are!" Calum looked at me and did something with his hands, to signal me to show him the place. 
"This way" I said calmer this time and run to the backside of the house.

"The basement's here!" I pointed at a small window that barely was noticeable. "If Stephan has them. They're probably here." I fell down on my knees and Calum did the same. I tried to look in the window, but it was dark like the blackest cat you'll ever see. "Do you see anything?" I looked at the guy next to me and he looked almost as confused as I did. 

"I can see the contour of people down there!" He whisper yelled and I went to the same position as before. "Oh god, you're right!" I cried out. I stood up again and got happy tears. "That's your bandmates? Right!" I jumped over excited. Even if they where kidnapped, they were okay. 
"I think so.. Now to the hard part" He said and stood up, himself.
"How the fuck are we suppose to get them out of there?"