Chapter 15 - Forgiven?

Once my computer finally was on, I made sure no one else saw that I wasn't paying much attention to Mr.Simmons. I glanced time from time on him, but most of my attention was towards the computer. I quickly logged into twitter and as I expected, my name was pretty much everywhere. It was both hate and love but I couldn't care less right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful and grateful for all the love I get, and I will reply to them later, but my mission now is to see if Michael has tweeted something. And I gotta be quick before one of my classmates sees the screen.

"Mr.Simmons!" A guy next to me called out. I glanced at him quickly, he gave me an evil smirk and I turned my head back to the computer. I knew he was going to bust me, but lucky for me, I was already on my way to log out.

"Not now Philip! Questions at the end." Our teacher simply spoke. "But.." The brunette beside me tried to speak but was cut off but Mr.Simmons. "Focus on the lesson!" He said and continued to talk about what we were suppose to do with the computer.

I quickly deleted the web history and grinned for myself. Michael wrote on his twitter yesterday. Not directly to me, I mean, he didn't mention my name.. But I knew it was about me. He wrote "All relationships have their ups and downs.. No matter if they're friends or together.. I made a mistake, forgive me?" Call me silly or whatever, but it was sweet of him to ask for forgiveness, and don't think that I'm a heartless robot, because I did reply to him. But I didn't write so everyone could see, I wrote to him in DM. it will be harder for him to see my text there, but I really hope he does. But I can't be that lucky, huh? He saw my tweet once before, and there's no way he'll see this then. So I guess it's over. But it was fun while it lasted.. I'll sure miss him and all our memories.

After half an hour our teacher finally let us begin with the assignment. We were only suppose to go to a website and find answers to a few questions. We had the questions on a paper and had to write down the answers there.

I looked over at Philip and he was busy looking for answers and I looked at Mr.Simmons, he sat with his desk and was on his computer. I glanced at a girl on my other side, and she didn't even bother to look at me. So I hurried up to log into twitter again to see if he had answered.

"Miss Leach?!" I heard a dark voice say beside me. Oh no... I'm still on twitter, and now the teacher is staring at the screen. Fuck this.

I looked up at him and he looked annoyed with me.

"You're not allowed to do anything else than the assignment." He stated.

"Sorry..." Was all I said. I didn't know what else to say. "Principals office! Now!" He stated and closed my computer. I nodded and stood up, walking out from the classroom with everyone's eyes on me.

As I walked towards the officer, I saw a group of teens standing in front of a door. I got closer to them and I could feel all of their eyes on me. I didn't dare to look up at them but when I walked pass them and was a few meters behind them, I could hear a girl voice say, "Who do she think? Really? Faking suicide just to get attention?", "She must be really stupid if she thinks she will get sympathy for almost killing herself." Another girl answered laughing sarcastically. "People like her make me sick!" A guy now said.

I don't even know how they got this information. And if I really did all this for attention, wouldn't I go around and tell them myself? Oh god, I'm just sick if this. I'm sick and tired of everything now. My family who treats me like shit, the people at school who won't shut their mouth and keep spreading a rumor that I only wanted attention. And specially my little sister who probably started the rumor that I killed myself.

I was now outside the principals officer and knocked on his door before I heard his voice on the other side of the door saying, "Come in,". I opened the door and closed it carefully. "Oh Miss Leach, what can I do for you?" He said, looking up from his desk.

"Uhm.. Mr.Simmons send me?" I said nervously. "Oh really?" The principal raised his eyebrow and looked puzzled. "Yeah.. Uhm.. We we're suppose to do an assignment with the computers.. And I kinda.. Uhm.. Did something else instead.." I told him and looked at my feet.

"Oh I see.." The principal said and looked thru some papers. "Well.. You haven't been much of a troublemaker, and this is the first time you actually done something you weren't suppose to do.." He gave me a piece of a paper and said, "You have two detentions. This Saturday and the next one. You have to show up or the punishment will be even harder.. Do you understand?" He looked at me with seriousness all over his face.

I nodded my head and said a simple, "Bye," before heading back to class.

There was still not much people in the hallways, and the gang who stood there before was now gone.

I opened the classroom door and went back to my seat. I could hear the people in front of me whisper my name, and give me a weird look. Some of them also threw their erasers at me. There wasn't much I could do to make them stop either. I wasn't that brave, so I could just yell at them to stop it. I didn't want everyone's attention, and after all the rumors, they'll definitely think I'm just an attention whore.

The lesson was pretty much done when I had arrived back, and everyone was now heading to their other classes. Before I walked out from the room, I opened the computer again. Our teacher never turned the computer off and I was still online on twitter.

"Miss Leach, are you coming?" I heard Mr. Simmons say. He stood and held the door opened. He also looked extremely inpatient and annoyed with me.

"Yeah, I just have to turn off the computer." I said and went to the dms to see if he had answered me. And yeah.. He had answered me, but someone had also answered him back from my twitter. It was probably Philip. That idiot. He must have opened the computer right after I left. Oh my god. This is so not good.

I wrote to him first, "I over reacted.. We're not together and you are free to do whatever you want without me being mad.. We're friends, right? :)"

And he answered to that a few minutes later, "So we're cool then, I guess" his answer was pretty cold, but at least he answered. But then someone answered him, "We're not cool, loser. I changed my mind. I rather push a nail thru my hand than being friends with you, jerk." Omg.. What the fuck.. I.. I don't know what to say.. And it doesn't stop there either, Michael answered. "You think you're that special huh? You know what.. Just forget me! Forget us! And don't ever contact me again." Ouch.. That hurt. I don't wanna forget him. I wanna be his friend, he makes me laugh and he's all I got when everyone else is against me.

That was how the conversation died. Philip, or whoever that answered Michael, didn't respond to the last thing Michael wrote. This can't be the end for us. He needs to know that I wasn't the one who answered him.

"Michael, please.. Don't say that.. I'm in school, and this guy in my class went on my twitter and answered you.. I only wrote the first part, about me over reaction.. I'm sorry..." I pressed send but it didn't reach his twitter. Before the text I wrote, there was a red circle with a whit exclamation mark in it. And a messages from twitter popped up on the screen, "The message didn't send: the direct messages could not be send. The receiver is not following you." Oh my god, I can't believe it. He stopped following me. How am I suppose to reach him now?

"Miss Leach, are you coming? I can't wait the whole day for you." The teacher looked extremely pissed and I didn't want to make him more upset than he already was.

"Yeah.. I'm coming now." I said and log out from twitter and shut the computer down.