Chapter 14 - The Devil

I woke up by having water thrown in my face.

Let hell begin, was my first thought as I quickly pulled the duvet away and rose to my feet.

"Let's make deal," I heard a little girl voice say. "I won't tell dad or mom that I saw you up, if you do everything I'll tell you to do. Deal?" I swear, this girl is the devil himself. But I'm rather her slave than having Stephan knowing about that I was up at like 5am or whatever time it was.

"Deal" I said and we shook hands before she walked out from my room with a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

I don't get this girl. We're sisters, we're suppose to stick together, not betray each other. Sure, I haven't completely got my memory back, but I've gained most of it and none of my memories is about me being mean to Sophie. So I really don't get what her problem is. Maybe she just was born that way, being a spoiled little brat.

I changed clothes and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I also dried my hair little, because of the water that had been thrown over me. Once I was done, I headed downstairs, and into the kitchen where everyone except Stephan were.

"Good Morning Melodie!" My evil sister said. I gave her a fake smile and said "Good Morning" as well. "Hi Mel." I heard my mom say as she toasted bread. "Hey." I answered her back and looked thru the fridge to see if it was anything eatable in there. To my surprise, I actually found vanilla yogurt. So I took a bowl and begun to eat.

"Where was you yesterday?" My mom asked me. "I was just out for awhile," I answered, I didn't want to tell her too much. I definitely don't wanna tell her about Michael. Sure, I'm still hurt from yesterday, but I don't want mom or her husband to make him suffer. It's not fair..

"When did you get home?" She said, as she took a bite of her bread. "I don't know.. But you guys were asleep when I got home, so I was quiet and went to bed immediately." I lied. Just hope that Sophie haven't told her anything. We had a deal, so she better keep her mouth shut in this. "Oh is that so.. B'cuz I heard noises downstairs around 4 or 5am," oh god... I'm screwed.. I'm so screwed now..

"It was me!" Sophie suddenly spoke. "I went downstairs to get something to drink. I'm sorry if I woke you up.." She gave mom puppy eyes and pouted with her lips. But seriously.. Why is she covering for me? Or maybe she doesn't know that I got home that time, and thinks it actually was her that mom heard.

"Aw angel.. Just be careful next time, and don't make so much noise, darling, okay?" Mom said and walked over to her youngest daughter and gave her a hug.

I really don't get this family.. Why is everyone against me? And why is everyone treating Sophie like a little princess?.. This whole situation is so wrong, and if that's not enough.. Now I have problems with Michael too. Maybe i blamed him for something he wasn't planning on do.. But well, if he's not after sex and actually enjoys to be with me, he will find a way to contact me.

He knows where I live, so he could come to my house. Oh god, it sounds like he's a prince and has to come and save his princess... But I'm serious, if he wanna see me, he would come and knock on my door. To be honest, I don't want him to come, because who know what happened if Stephan opens the door, but I want him to come, so he can show me that he actually cares about me.

"Are you ready for school?" Mom spoke, looking at me and then at Sophie. "I'm ready to go." Sophie smiled and walked to the hallway. "Yeah," I said and smiled weakly at mom, and walked to the hallway myself.

"Bye mom!" My sister yelled and closed the door after her. I waited a minutes or so until I went out myself. I didn't want to walk with the devil so I waited in hope that she would be to far away to go with me. "Bye." I yelled and closed the door, but to my bad luck, Sophie stood maybe 5 meters and glanced at the me.

"Aren't you gonna say thank you?" She suddenly spoke when I was beside her. So she actually covered for me. This must be a part of her plan, or a part of the deal we had..

"Why did you cover for me?" I asked, ignoring the question she just asked me. "Are you really that impolite Mel? Here I am, helping my only sister so mom won't punish you.. And you won't even say 'thank you'?" She tried to sound serious but failed as a small grin came onto her lips.

"Thank you Sophie. That was very kind of you." I said between gritted teeth. "That's the spirit!" Sophie joyfully said.

She walked all the way to my school and talked about all kind of things. My mind was too busy thinking about Michael. I ain't gonna lie to you, he was everything I thought about now. I heard Sophie's voice but I didn't get a thing she said. I need to borrow a school computer and log into twitter.. That's the only way to know if he has tried to contact me.

"Bye, have a nice day Melodie!" I heard my sisters' voice. I snapped back to reality and gave her a fake smile and answered "Bye Sophie, see you after school." I turned around and walked inside school without making eye contact. I just hope the boy that broke my phone isn't here today. Or by the way... I just hope that everyone is sick and I'm the only one in class, then I don't have to deal with all the shit talking and punches.

I waited outside my classroom, and everyone who walked pass me, whispered something and pointed at me. I didn't dare to look at them, I just looked around, hoping that my teacher would turn up soon.

After a bunch of people had passed me, I saw my teacher. She opened the door and I went inside the classroom and sat myself down in the back. Other students came in as well and all the sits where soon taken.

Our teacher begun to talk and everything that came out from her mouth was so complicated. We had math now, and every time she talked, I just wanted to shoot myself. It would be less painful than hearing her talk about 'x:s, y:s and z:s'.. Math should be about numbers not about the alphabet. I bet you all that I don't even need to know about this stuff when I'm older. And to be honest, I'll probably just forget all this when the day is over.

I felt something hard hit my head and I turned to my right to see two boys giggling. I looked down under my desk and saw an eraser. Seriously? Did they just threw their eraser on me? How immature can one be? I ignored them and tried my best to focus on the lesson. Halfway during the lesson we got a sheet from our teacher with a lot of tasks. And we spent the rest of our lesson solving all the tasks.

The bell rang and is handed the teacher my sheet and she nodded and smiled as a respond. I walked out from the room and I felt a pair of hands push me against the wall. "Ops," a girl giggled. "I didn't see you there." She shrugged and walked away. I glanced at her and walked where my other lesson where suppose to be.

I waited for about 10 minutes until our next teacher came. All the students stood outside the classroom when the teacher spoke, "Before the lesson begins, we need to have computers." And he begun to walk to what I assumed, a room with computers. Once we were there, he opened the door and everyone took a computer as fast as they could and I just waited patently for my turn.

When everyone had computer, we walked back to our classroom and Mr.Simmons opened the door.

Once again, I sat myself, in the back and turned the computer on.

I will finally be able to look thru twitter. Was the only thought that went thru my mind. I really hope Michael twitted me, and isn't mad about yesterday..