Chapter 20 - Dumb

The ride home was quiet, no one said a word and I thought about jumping out from the car. I only agreed to follow them home, because the punishment would only be worse if I had stayed out longer, and they found me there. In a small pizzeria. And if they found me there, they would find me anywhere else.

The evil stepfather stopped the car near our house, and everyone went out. We walked to the house in silent and when mom had unlocked he door, I felt a pair of hands on my back and before I knew it, I was being pushed in the house. I stumbled on my own feet and hit my head on the floor.

"Are you really that dumb, Melodie?" I heard his annoying voice say. "Running away like that? Did you honestly don't think I would find you?" He continued and I felt a hand in my hair, and I was soon pulled up by the hair.

"You're so ugly and worthless, I don't even know why we brought you home again." Stephan's words gave me a heartache and I felt tears running down my cheek. Why did they have to bring me back if they hate me so much? I could've been with Michael now, and not bother my family.

"Don't ignore me you stupid bitch!" He took a deep breath and he was still holding my hair. He had a strong grip around my hair and I could feel my head pound. I was sweating and held on his hands, I don't know why. But it felt safer. It felt like he couldn't hurt me if I held him, but oh so wrong I was.

"Speak, say something! You're not deaf nor mute!" He yelled thru gritted teeth and smashed my head against the stairs. He let go of my hair and I heard talking, I heard moms voice. Sophie's voice. And Stephan's voice. They all talked about something that I quite didn't understand.
I felt numb and dizzy, and puked beside me and I heard yelling.

"I-" I started and throw up once again. "Sorry.." I said and everything went black.

The voices stopped, everything disappeared, and my headache went away.

Was I dead? I questioned myself. No, I must be dreaming. This is like any other dream, you see yourself. But why was I laying on the stairs, my head was bleeding. A lady and a girl was watching me and a man. The lady was crying, but wait.. That's mom.. But why is she always crying when I'm unconscious. If she just showed some emotions towards me while I was awake, this would never have happened.

Is she really that into her husband, that she chooses him over me? Her own daughter?

She always act to late. One day, I'll be gone, dead, and then she'll regret this. Regret turning me her back. I need my mommy, like any other kid. But she ignores me, she hurts me in so many ways.

I just wanna live a normal life, with mom. No Stephan, and no Sophie. Just mom and I. We could've been happy together. Of course I'd be happy for her if she finds a man. A man that is lovely and not a psychopath. And I bet she'd be happy for me, too, if I find someone special. I think I already have. But I can't take him here, it's to dangerous.

I want to bring Michael here, if Stephan didn't exist. But there's nothing I can do about it now. I just have to accept that Michael can never come here.

I looked over at my body, and it was horrible, to see myself in that state. I had bruises on my face, blood running from my head, and is all over my hair. I saw them talk, mostly my step father. It looked like he was screaming and he grabbed my feet, while looking over at mom. Mom went over to my body and grabbed me under my arms. She was crying and her cheeks were red. Sophie stood there, in a door frame and she looked confused. She didn't cry she just looked at mom and her dad while they carried away my body to the basement.

I went after them, to see what they were up too. But once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I wished I was dead.
He was tying my arms and legs on a chair and I sat their still unconscious but aware of everything that happened. I couldn't hear when they were saying, but I saw their lips move.

Mostly moms, she was crying and it looked like she was begging him for something. Stephan ignored mom, and went to his little table and picked up a razor blade. He went to my body and grinned, he put the shiny blade on my stomach.
Mom panicked and rushed to Stephan and tried to pull away his arm. But she's no match to him. He looked angry and pushed mom away, she flew back and hit her head on his table.

I couldn't see if she was hurt or not, because in the next second I felt pain going thru my body and I yelled from the bottom of my toes.

"Look who's finally awake now!" He grinned and continued to cut my flesh on my stomach.
"Stop, it hurts!" I cried out. "Please, leave me alone!" I felt the tears on my cheek and I could barely see his face because of the tears in my eyes. "You son of a bitch!"

"Can you fucking shut up!" Stephan yelled thru gritted teeth and slapped me across the face.
My body was shaking and the pain was unbearable. But I was numb, and I felt the blood running down my tummy onto my thigh. Is it always going to be like this? The abuse? The shitty family? I've done nothing wrong, yet they torture me like this!

"Up." I heard his cold voice whisper in my ear. I gave him a look and tried to stand up, but I fell on all four, and I looked at Stephan with hate in my eyes, but he smirked and had lust filled in his eyes. "Oh, this is gonna be fun."