Chapter 18 - Crystal Water

"Just friends, huh?" I heard another Aussie accent say. I recognized the voice as Ashton and pulled away my lips from Michael's. Oh my god, can this get anymore awkward? I just hope he hasn't been listening to everything we said. Talk about ruining the moment.. Why did he have to come in now? He probably did this on purpose.

"The chips are gone, I just came to get some more." He chuckled and took the chips bag and went back to the 'tv room'.

"You wanna take a walk or something?" Michael asked. "I'd love that," I answered him, and it's good, then we can talk without someone else hearing everything we say. *cough* Ashton. We headed outside and we both looked confused.

"Where do you wanna go?" I asked him. "What about that way, and see where that road takes us?" He said and pointed towards a road where there was a big building beside. Oh an adventure with this adorable guy. How fun, can't wait!

I know that I maybe sounded sarcastic, but I'm actually very thrilled about this. This is seriously going to be a blast, I hope.

"Come on then, what are you waiting for?" I laughed and started to jump on my way there. He slightly giggled and followed me.

He walked beside me, and we passed many buildings. There was a lot of restaurants we walked pass, and a bunch of stores. I swear, I saw like a million stores that sold antique things. Why do they have so many stores like that? Does people even buy that kind of things?

We talked about many things, and I couldn't help but fall for him harder. He always did this cute things unconsciously when he talked, and I smiled all the time.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He said, raising one of his eyebrows and slightly smirking. "Oh.. Uhm.. Sorry, I can't help it.." I begun and he looked at me even more confused now, "you're cute.." I finished. Okay, I didn't know what to say, and he's really hot and cute and adorable and he makes me feel this things inside, and I just wanna throw up because it feels like I have a zoo in my stomach that comes alive every time I'm looking at this purple haired boy beside me.

"Oh," He started to chuckle, and I could feel my cheeks burn. Why did I have to say that?.. I mean, he is cute, but I didn't have to say that out loud..

"You're cute too, love" He looked me in the eyes, and gave me a really adorable smile. He almost looked like a cute little puppy. I probably blushed so bad that my entire face was red now, the hottest guy I know just called me cute, well.. I called him that first, but still! If this ain't success, then I don't know what is. Besides, he called me love! My stomach will explode soon.. The zoo is awake now, and there's nothing I can do to hush them.

"This place is really beautiful," I said and turned my head to Michael to see his reaction. He told me that he hasn't been here before, and by the look on his face, he was telling the truth.

We had walked out from the buildings and was standing in front of a lake. The water was crystal blue, and you could almost see the bottom. There was a wooden bench and a table in front of the lake too, and it looked liked no one has been here for a while. Everything looked so untouched, even the sand we were standing on had no foot prints on it. Everything here looked amazing.

"Guess so." Michael said careless. "C'mon, don't be like that. Show some emotions now," I looked at him seriously. Because no way, that he'll ruin this moment for me.

"It's just water," Michael spoke once again. "Yeah, but it's beautiful! Not only the water but the whole environment is so amazing!" I answered him enthusiastic. I run to the water and sat myself down on the sand so my feet could get water on them. I felt Michael's hand on my shoulder and he sat himself down beside me. He held one arm around around my back and I put my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Mel.. But it's just that, I'm a guy.. I don't care about this kind of stuff." Michael said. I'm glad he spoke the truth at least, but the excuse "I'm a guy" is just bullshit. C'mon, I'm sure there's guys who are more into this place than I am.

"I'm sure some boys may find this place interesting and beautiful." I answered him still looking out at the lake. He sighed heavily and said, "yeah maybe, but I don't."

Well, if he doesn't like this place. Then there's no point of being here. I rose to my feet and said, "let's continue our adventure then, shall we?" I looked down at him and he gave me a smirk before he stood up, "What's the rush? We can stay if you want too?". What a gentlemen he is! I can clearly tell that he is bored as fuck, but he can stay for me? That's so cute of him!

"I wanna continue our adventure, I don't wanna stay here," I lied, it was really cozy to sit with my head on his shoulder while he held me in his arms. But it's not fun to be just here, if he doesn't like it. "Oh," he sounded a bit disappointed, "alright then, let's go!" He tried to cover his disappoint with excitement, but he can't fool me.

The best idea right now is probably not to nag at him at something that maybe just is in my head. We recently became friends again and I don't wanna ruin our friendship, or whatever we have by being annoying.

We walked out to the street and looked around for something interesting to catch our eyes. But nothing. "Do you wanna go and grab something to eat?" Michael asked. "I have no money with me," I answered him. "I'd pay for the dinner anyway, darling." And here we go again. Can't the zoo in my tummy just go to sleep already? Michael just called me darling, and I think I'm going to faint. "Are you sure?" I asked him. I don't want him to think I'm a gold digger and is after his money. Because I promise you, I would never use him for money.

"Of course I'm sure! Hello? Member in a band here, getting a lot of money by every performance I'm doing!" He said loudly with a sarcastic tone. I slightly giggled and shook my head. "Yeah, but I don't want you to think that I'm after your money, because I'm not!" I defended myself.

"I trust you, besides, I'm the one who's offering to pay for the food, it's not like you're asking me to give you millions of dollars, right babe?" Michael said, "so where do you wanna eat?" He laid his arm around my should and began to walk. "Uhm.. A pizzeria maybe?" I said unsure. Maybe this is a test to see if he really can trust me? "I can pay you back when I have money!" I exclaimed looking in his wonderful green eyes, with a smile on my face.

"Yaaay, pizza it is! I think I saw one on our way to the lake, now we just have to find our way back!" He said enthusiastic. "And don't worry 'bout it. I have lots of money, I'm sure I can pay for pizzas without getting broke.". I gave him a fake smile, because this whole situation looked like a set up of some sort. It felt like he was testing me, but why would he do that? "Besides a gentleman always pays on dates" he added and winked.