Nine- Surprise!!

'Rrriiinnnnggggg... Rrriiinnnnggggg... Rrriiinnnnggggg...' Ziara jolted awake on her second day at the sound of her alarm clock ringing. Face flushed with excitement, Ziara quickly changed into her school uniform (Author's Quick Note: I'm still kinda designing the uniforms, any ideas welcome), brushed her teeth, and got ready for school.

She looked over to Jennifer's side of the room and found her groaning and rolling around on her bed, her sleep disrupted by Ziara's alarm clock. Ziara grinned, it was only five o'clock in the morning, and breakfast is still an hour away. Ziara wanted to be fully prepared for school, so she wouldn't make another mistake and risk getting expelled. Yesterday was SO close! She thought to herself, I nearly got expelled, after just ONE DAY of school!

She spent the rest of the time until breakfast sitting at her desk, staring out at the view of the school gardens and the azure sea beyond. 

'Ding dong... Ding dong...' the school bell finally rung for breakfast, Jennifer had only waken up moments ago, ignoring her alarm clock set for ten minutes until the breakfast bell. She was now hastily grabbing clothes out of her closet and changing as fast as she could. Snickering, Ziara left the dorms and went into the cafeteria.

She saw Eunice Mo already sitting at Ziara's usual table, waiting for her and Diana. Mo spotted Ziara, and waved her over. As Ziara sat down across from her, she started chattering about how cool everything in this school was. When Diana finally came after five minutes, she was still talking. 

The trio trudged to the looooonng table at the far end of the room, and found a delicious-smelling buffet waiting for them. There were eggs of all sorts, bacon, cereal, porridge... Every single type of breakfast food was there on the table. Amazed, the ravenous girls piled their porcelain plates high with scrumptious food. 

After a very filling breakfast, the girls headed to class. They met two new teachers, the music teacher, Mr. Nota, and the art teacher, Ms. Artem. After lunch, they had magic training with Ms. Circe again.

'Welcome, my dear girls, today we will keep practicing the vanishing spell, the re-appearing spell, the banishing spell and the summoning spell. Remember to keep your backs straight and wave your wand with the right force. You may practice on these cushions.' She waved her wand, and soft silver cushions with golden tassels appeared in front of every student.

The air filled with the voices of the students muttering spells and the whooshing of cushions. Diana mastered the spells easily, but Ziara was having problems with the summoning spell. The cushion was supposed to land in front of you, but it just kept smacking her in the face. 

Diana glanced over at Ziara and Ivy, who was sitting behind her.

'Stoppit,  Ivy.' She muttered, turns out, Ivy was summoning the cushions just a second before Ziara did every time, so the cushion flew to her table, not Ziara's, smacking her in the face in the process. 

Ziara turned and glared at the girl, but Ivy just stuck her tongue out and waved her wand at Ziara's cushion, and it smacked her again. Fuming, Ziara continued practicing. 

Without Ivy pranking her, Ziara concentrated on her spells, making the cushion fly back and forth across the room, occasional making it vanish and reappear again. 

'Ding dong... Ding dong...'  the bell rang again, signally the end of the lessons. Ziara excitedly prepared for her school team auditions.

Everyone filed out of the classroom, hoping to lounge around during their free time. 

'Ms. Rowan, please stay, I would like to have a word with you.' Ms. Circe suddenly said. 

Panicked, Ziara was barely even able to stutter,'Yes, Ms. Circe.' She turned and stood next to the teacher's podium, her heart beating quicker and harder, until it threatened to jump out of her chest.

After all the students left, Diana and Mo being one of the last ones to leave, shooting concerned looks at her before being shooed out by Ms. Circe.

'Ms. Rowan,'Ziara's heart started beating even quicker, if that's even possible,'Congratulations, I have been impressed by your skills at spells. You are a natural sorceress, any fine teacher can tell from the start. Which is why I am... promoting you to the advanced magic class,' Ziara's jaw dropped,'You will have the extra lessons along with the other class students twice every week on Mondays and Wednesdays during the optional time slot.'

'Th... Thank you, Ms. Circe,' Ziara mumbled, she couldn't believe it! She got into the advanced magic class!!!

'You may leave now,' Ms. Circe told her,'I will see you tomorrow at three thirty.'

Ziara stumbled out of the classroom and straight to the room Diana shared with some other girl.

'You what?' Diana squealed disbelievingly,'Let me get this straight, you got into advanced magic class just after one day?' 

'Yes!'squealed Ziara,'This is so great!'

Both girls started squealing and yelling and hugging each other, only stopping when they were burned out, collapsing on Diana's bed, gasping for air.

Diana was the first to calm herself down,'Ziara, pull yourself together, don't forget that you still have auditions at three forty.'

'Oh, right.'

The girls trudged down to the stadium for Ziara's auditions for wand-dueling class and magi-scouts.

                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXTRA: Here's how the SAM dorms look:

Sorry if it doesn't look that good, I just did it on a preset app on my computer, it's called paint

Maybe I should add a map of the school, but that would be too much work, wouldn't it? Maybe if I have time and I finish my design of the school uniforms...