2 | meeting the delfino gang

After a few moments of silence in the house, someone walked in. His hair was letting droplets of sweat touch the floor and his breathing is labored. Once he saw me he let out a squeak and I just smiled at him. "Who the fuck are you?" His voice, labored by his breathing, was demanding and perplexed all in one.

"Um, Rachel Conners. Mr. Delfino thinks I'm going to get his son to..." I paused looking for the right phrase, but decided on the basic of this situation. "To love me, I guess." This guy's eyes shown with amusement as my words registered in his pretty little head.

"Ah, yes. I remember Tyler muttering on about you." He moved past me and to the kitchen, in what I can only assume is to grab some water. He came back out from the kitchen, his glass of water three fourths gone. "Why are you just standing there?"

"Well I just arrived. Mr. Delfino left, Tyler looks like he gives two shits, and I was told not to go wandering around. So, that leaves me with no idea where the hell I'm supposed to go." Again, his eyes rang with amusement as he nodded his head.

"Right well I think I know where your room is, so follow me." He made his way up the stairs and I quickly followed grabbing my duffle and one of my suitcases. He led me down the hallway until he stopped at the last door on the right. A few feet down is another door completely at the end of the hallway. "That's Tylers room, don't get any silly ideas. He's lethal." The mystery man opened my door for me and I walked in. Pretty barren for me to call a bedroom, but I do have my supplies. The room is a navy blue color with only a bed in the corner and one dresser. Oh, and a closet. "The bathroom is two doors down from you, we share it- minus Tyler. You know where the living room is, and the backyard entrance is through the living room." He made his way out of my room, dropping my suitcase I didn't even realize he had.

"Wait." He turned to me, his dark brown eyes meeting mine. "Who the fuck are you?" I threw his words back at him and his lips tilted upward.

"Nick. Nice to meet you Rachel. Glad you're here." He winked at me and left me standing in this barren room. I sighed and closed my door all the way thinking about all the unpacking and simple decorating I have ahead of me.

⧫⧫⧫

After the much enticing events of last night, Mr. Delfino led me to the kitchen for dinner. Tyler was there and between the two they set their ground rules. Straightening my black hair this morning, their rules are all I can think about. Not only does he want me to get his son to love me, but I pretty much have to walk around this entire house like I'm walking on eggs. The more I think about the rules and the situation I'm in, the more I just want to smack Tyler and tell him to get his shit together.

I set my hair straightener down and fixed a few fly aways. My hair is a huge contrast against my white t-shirt and light wash jeans. My moms hair was the darkest in her family. It only makes sense that I have the same hair as her. Sitting in this dull room, my mind wanders to my mom. She must have known what my dad was partaking in. My dad was never good at lying to her about anything. So if my mom knew about my dads situation, then my mom was also ripping people off.

I groaned in frustration. I've been here a day and all I've accomplished is making this room look okay. It went from a bland looking room to a semi bland room. There is still only one dresser and one bed in the corner, however I moved the dresser and the bed to the same side of the room. Making sure I have a space to do some yoga every morning on the opposite side. I hung some string lights across most of the ceiling, and even added a candle or two. By no means is this a finished product, but it will have to do.

I need something to do, so I made my way out of my room and looked down the hallway. At the end is Tyler's room, then on the right is me, another room with a red door, then a grey door which is what I believe Nick said is the bathroom. Then on the left is a black door, a green door and then a sky blue door. Frowning I looked at my dingy white door and rolled my eyes.