5 | grin for me

The sun is blazing hot today. I can feel the sweat drip from my neck down my back until it hits where my body meets the chair. I took in a deep breath trying to find a comfortable temperature. I should go for a dip. I got out of my lounge chair and waded in the water, my body temp cooling down right away. I submerged myself under the water to bask in the cold refreshness that it is.

As I made my way back to my lounge chair I thought about the gang. It's been a few days since Tyler's new rule has been added and everynight I crawl into bed before him, but he is never far behind. I wake up most morning with his chest against my back, his arms holding me. This morning I was alone and that bothered me for some reason. I took my morning shower in his bathroom which is so much more put together than the other bathroom. His bathroom has a huge walk in shower with glass doors tucked in a corner. He has a tub on the opposite side and a huge vanity runs the length of the wall as you walk into the bathroom. The toilet itself is hidden behind a wall as you come in so you're protected during your business. After getting ready I thought I could find him in the kitchen, but there is no sign of life in the house.

Being here alone I start to get worried about them. I'm here alone for almost half the day so I begin to wonder what they are doing. I've become friends with all of them and it hurts to think they are getting hurt doing whatever it is that they do. Especially Tyler. Being the gang leader, or co-gang leader since his father is still trying to do some things, he has a huge target on his back. I get worried. I'm invested in him now and I get worried. I worry about Tyler all the time.

That's where I'm at in life right now. Tanning while I worry about my gang leader being killed doing who knows what out there. Maybe he's letting other girls blow him? My body shivered remembering that day and I groaned out loud. I don't think he would do that, but maybe I don't know him enough. Hell, I barely know him as it is.

A gunshot went off in the house and I quickly sat up. Shit could that be Tyler? I made my way into the house and found myself walking to the one corridor on the first floor that I was told not to go in. But if Tyler is in trouble- another gunshot rattled the house and I found myself holding my breath. The door is open and I took one more step to see through the door.

I made eye contact with a dead man.

His eyes glossed over with a bullet hole in his head, the blood pooling around him. I looked up and caught eyesight with Mr. Delfino, who looked shocked to see me standing there. Not angered because I broke a rule, but shocked that I had broken a rule. Tyler was quick to drag me away from the scene and to the living room. The image of the dead man with a pool of blood is stuck in my head.

"What the fuck, Rachel." I looked to Tyler who is fuming. Yeah, he's mad I broke a rule. "You were specifically told to not go exploring." I looked Tyler over for any injuries and saw nothing. He's fine. He's fine Rachel. "Are you even listening to me?"

"YesI'msorry" I breathed out quickly, along with my relief. "Iwasjustworriedbecuaseyouguysaregonealldayandthoughtsomethingmighthavehappenedtoyou," my speech was quick and filled with uncertaintly in the way that Tyler would respond. Tyler's brows furrowed as he looked down to me. He led me to the couch and I sat down, watching as he sat on the coffee table, searching my eyes.

"You were worried about me?" He whispered out. I mean I still am. "That's..." he tried to find a word for how he's feeling, but he ended up shaking his head instead. I sighed and shifted in my seat. "Why would you worry? We're very careful with what we do."

"Yes, Ms. Rachel, that's my personal office for these types of situations," Mr. Delfino walked into the living room only making eye contact with me. Killing, Rachel. He means killing.