19 | the roots of the italian gang

Tyler slipped on a simple black v-neck shirt and made his way back to me. He planted a kiss on my forehead, but I dragged him back to connect our lips. I smiled into the kiss and somehow he ended up on the bed. "Amore," he kissed my cheek and then my collarbone. "I have to go to that meeting. I will be back." I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him back to me.

"Okay," I pecked his lips one last time. "I'll just be here, all by my lonesome." He shook his head and got up. He made his way out of the room, grabbing his phone in the process.

"I'll see if grandad will come have brunch with you," he smiled at me and then he was gone out of the luxurious room.

We arrived in Italy last night. Tyler was dealing with some important phone calls last week on top of trying to shift the legacy from the Delfino's to Tylers new nephew, and godchild, Christian. Katie and Nick gave birth almost three weeks ago to their new baby boy. Once we got here Tyler, Charlie, and Angelo all went into a direct meeting. It lasted until two in the morning. When he got to the room with me he was so tired he could barely keep his eyes open. I cuddled right up to him and he was out like a light.

Today, he has a few more meetings with different people. Today, I am exploring the Italian Villa the Deflino gang has owned for generations. The details in this room are only the tip of the iceberg for the rest of the property. I put on a simple white t-shirt and a pair of jeans and made my way down to the main part of the house. Angelo was whipping up a batch of waffles and smiled upon seeing me.

"Rachel dear, good morning." I smiled at his morning energy.

"Morning Angelo. How are you this morning?" Walking up to him, I grabbed a glass of water and watched as she put some fresh berries on the waffles.

"I am doing great. Even better if you join me on a walk after breakfast." He peered over at me as he handed me the waffles.

"Of course! Does the walk include a tour of this gorgeous villa." He grinned wickedly at me and I let out a laugh. "I can't wait, Angelo."

⧫⧫⧫

Angelo has showed me most, if not all, of the villa. The place is huge and brilliant. The vineyard attached to it with the warehouse fit the landscape so well. So well you would never guess that underneath all this is the drug ring where they incorporate the drugs into their wine. Angleo said they have pure wine for sale too. It's top of the market wine which also plays a little bit of daredevil for the gang. They are selling this top shelf wine while also selling a top shelf drug wine. It's absolutely insane. The gang started out with Angelo's father who used Angelo's grandfather's homemade wine as a drug source. Since then Angelo's father has created a dynasty. Angelo has told me a lot about their gang. About the roots, how it started, the issues with keeping everything neat and tidy.

Speaking of neat and tidy, when did Tyler get into a tux? "Amore," I smiled at Tyler as Angelo and I approached him. There are a group a guys standing off to the side talking to Charlie. I slipped my arm out from Angelo's and made my way to Tyler. Picking my pace up a bit, I saw Tyler's eyes spark. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad. I wrapped my arms around his torso and snuggled into his chest.

This whole trip I just wanted Tyler to be happy and stress free. He's been so worked up since Pratt died. Ever since that day something has been off regarding our freedom of safety. Tyler is very nervous we are going to get caught, so a lot of deals have been put on hold or have been completed in a different way. I kissed his jaw and he smiled down at me. He tucked me in closer and turned away from the group behind us and into the house.

"Everything going okay?" I peered over at him and saw him rub his face. He looks stressed to the max. He was still silent so I pecked his cheek. "I want you to be happy, Ty." He looked to me and brought us into an office.