21 | the escape plan (tyler's pov)

"You, Amore, are perfect." I kissed her right breast and then her left. She giggled in my hold and I pulled her closer to me. Her presence creating an ecstasy for me. Her newly imprinted tattoo shined back at me as she rode away earlier. It got me going faster than normal. I've got to treat my woman though. Holding her here, in the peace of the moment, is everything.

⧫⧫⧫

My dad poured us both a glass of whiskey. I gladly accepted and took an immediate sip. My dad has been hearing a lot of bad chatter at the Italy base. We're falling apart over here and all they can do is chatter about it. Asshats. "I know. It's Ricky. We know his plan. We just need this last deal in a month before we are set to flee. He definitely plans to attack after the deal goes through so they can catch our transactions. Jokes on them, because we won't be there when the shit is delivered. We're trying to get the money beforehand then move out." My dad nodded and I sighed rubbing my face.

"The wedding is tomorrow. Are you prepared? It is your moment, but they will ask you questions. I can't do anything about it. They want to see your demise."

"Why? Why see my demise?"

"I guess you haven't proven yourself over here. Your loyalties are in the states-- as they should be. But they don't see it like that." It was a long pause before he spoke again. "I'm glad you fell in love with Rachel. She really compliments you." He stood up and set his glass upside down on the desk. "Your mother would be happy."

"Thank you," is all I could process at the moment. He went to walk out but paused in the doorway.

"Make sure everyone knows the escape routes and locations. See you in the morning."

I finished my drink and wished I could go and see Rachel. I cannot. Rachel was specific about me not seeing her tonight. We are getting married tomorrow. Marriage. Something I thought I could never achieve.

I set my empty glass aside and made my way to find Nick, Andrew, Katie, and Alisha. They have their own location assignments. None of us are going to be in the same continent or region of the world. I need to make sure they have a list of all the items they need to have and what to do to contact the group in case of an emergency.

I found Nick and Andrew easily. Outside smoking. Rolling my eyes I made my way to them. "Put that out and listen up." I dragged a chair to them and began to explain the final route to the airports. "Nick, Katie, and Christian will head to the Dulles airport. Andrew, you Alisha need to head to the New York Airport. Rachel and I will fly out of Syracuse. We will all fly to at least three airports in the USA before flying to three airports outside of the USA. Nick, I'm sorry this is the shortest escape route I have for Christian. I need to make sure you guys disappear. The more flights you get on and the more airports you make it to with the diquises the more difficult it will be for them to find us. Especially when Andrew and Katie mess with the camera systems to falter our bone structures and times that the flights get in. That will make it nearly impossible to cross reference anything."

"Nick, Katie and Christian are off to Thailand. Andrew and Alisha are off to Finland. Rach and I are off to the Maldives. The homes are ready to go and off the grid. To your neighborhood and suspicious town folk we all live in a small cabin in the middle of nowhere. It's impossible to follow the path to the house. I will give you each strict instruction that can only be read with a certain lense. Once you read it and memorize the pathway, burn it and the lense. We have our burner phone connection, and as always the ads in the national papers. No internet access to locate anyone. Stay low. We will be back together soon." Katie and Alisha came walking over with and excited Christian. He slid right into Nick's arms. I smiled at them and then Andrew and Nick both briefed the girls on the escape route.

"The planes are booked. Sorry for some of the quick boarding flights. Nick, Katie, and Christian have the longer ones. I couldn't risk Christian needing something and you all missing the flight and getting stuck and caught. I love you all okay?" They all stared at me with their eyebrows raised. "Yeah, okay. I'm going to bed. Wake me when I get to see my future wife."