11 | alibi

Tyler's been acting strange ever since he spoke about his affection to me. I don't blame him, it's nerve-wracking to admit all that. It's been two days since that night and two days since he's held a conversation with me. I know he's trying to deal with everything that comes with being a leader of a gang, as well as dealing with his confession to me. I can understand that.

I set my dish in the sink and hoped to get Tyler to talk to me tonight. Nick was in the doorway when I turned around and managed to scare the shit out of me. "Um, hi Nick." He nodded at me and led me to the living room. I sat down on the loveseat while he sat on the couch.

"Don't let his distance bring you down," he started. I let out a smile and waved him off.

"I'm not. I think I know why he's being distant."

Nick nodded and sighed. "He likes you, Rachel. He likes you a lot. He's not used to it." I watched as Nick's eyes searched my face. "He likes you a whole shit ton and is trying to find it in him to admit it."

"He did a few nights ago." Nick's eyebrows shot up. "Kind of. He spoke a lot in Italian and his actions were very much showing me how much he cares." Nick nodded and I bit my lip standing up. "He's going through a lot with his leader change. And on top of that he has to come to terms with the idea of love? Hell, that's going to take some time for him."

"Yeah, he will get there, though. Promise you that Rachel."

I nodded at Nick, making my way to the staircase. "I know. Thank you though." Midway up the stairs, I saw Tyler stop at the top of them. He's on his phone, his voice low and hard. His eyes are soft as they land on me, though. I smiled up at him and when I reached the top of the stairs I brushed my fingers through his.

I managed to get a grip on his hand and tug him to our room. Once we got in there I sat on the bed and watched him watch me. "Yeah, I have to go. We'll be there soon." He hung up and shoved his phone in his pocket. He looked to me and I heard him take in a breath.

"Everything okay?" His eyes traveled over my body and he shook his head.

"I have to go across town and check on a shipment. You can go with Katie and Alisha to our club." He hovered over me and I bit my lip. "They have a mission to complete, but you guys can have some fun while we're out and about doing the dirty work."

Dirty work. I'm positive he means killing people. His lips came into contact with my neck and I let out a gasp. I wasn't expecting this. Not after he's been avoiding me. He attacked my collar bone area with kisses and love bites. I shivered as he pulled away. He smirked down at me and ran his thumb over the place he most definitely just left his mark. His eyes met mine again and I tangled my hand with his. "Don't wear anything too revealing now." He pulled away making his way out of the room.

"Wait," I shot up off the bed and to him. I stood so close to him I can hear him breathing in and out. "So you get to mark me and I can't-" His dark and lust filled eyes caught me by surprise I had to stop. He trapped me against the wall and I held my breath.

"You want to claim me?" He titled his neck for me to reach and I looked to his face. "Do it, Bellissima. Do it." I did a small mark on the tip of his collarbone and he let out a growl of a gasp. He stared at me for some time before he quickly made his exit. I stay pressed against the wall until a small smile arose on my lips. He let me mark him.

I made my way down the hallway ready to find Katie and Alisha. They both walked out of Alisha's room in little dresses. I raised my eyebrows at them both and they greeted me like nothing in the world is different. "Hey, you're coming with. Go get changed." I sighed as they pushed me back to Tyler and I's room. I quickly grabbed the emerald green mini dress I had hanging and slid it on. It came mid-thigh and would possibly give Tyler a heart attack if he knew I was out in this. The dress had a small v cut in the front, that came to a princess seamed fitted bodice. There are double straps in the back that in the front come together as a thick strap on each shoulder. The back drops low and has a seam hiding zipper. I threw my hair up into a side bun and did a bit of makeup. I slid on my black heels and made my way to Alisha and Katie.