Ch 14 "3 years"

"Even in 3 years it hasn't changed a bit" The young trainer said to himself.

"Pika" His starter said quietly in agreement

"Got that right Master " the Lucario to his side said quietly.

The dark trainer could see the familiar landscape of his hometown. Children were out playing in the sun as the parents relaxed under umbrellas in the front yards of their houses. He stood there for a while with his two pokémon on either of his shoulders. The small yellow mouse secretly was happy to have finally returned home, as he knew his trainer was, even though the young trainer would not admit it.

The Dog pokemon , on the mans right side, finally broke the silence. "So are we just gonna stand here or what, Master ?" He spoke in a manner of curiosity, as he had never been to his trainers home town before. The young trainer nodded and turned towards the path that led to the town of pallet.

He had not gotten far before his scilence was interrupted.

"Hey Mister! Wait up!" called a voice from behind Ash.

Ash stopped and waited for the high shrill voice to continue.

"I challenge you to a battle" the energetic voice continued as it came nearer. Ash gave a quick grin as he spun around to face the voice. The voice, as he had guessed, was a small girl no older then 11 years old, presumably just starting her journey through the Kanto region.

"You do, do you?" Ash said in the challenging voice. "Pikachu" he said simply.

The small yellow mouse hopped to the ground and faced the girl with a mischievous grin. The girl, without hesitation, grabbed a pokeball from her belt and promptly threw it into the air yelling "Squirtile, I choose you."

Ash frowned. "When did you get that squirtile?"

The Girl seemed to loose her excitement. "Yesterday"

"Well then" the dark trainer said monotonly. "Let us battle."

"Squirtile, Use Scratch"'

The dark man simply waited, as did his Pikachu, as the Squirtile prepared its attack and got closer, and then, just loud enough so that his pokemon could hear, he said simply "Dodge"

The Pikachu simply sidesteped the attack and waited for its next command which came shortly after, "Thunderbolt."

"PikaCHUUUUU" the small mouse cried as it fired yellow bolts of lightning at the small turtle pokémon.

"Squirtile" the pokemon cried its species name as it fell to the ground with swirls in its eyes.

The small mouse pokemon jumped back up on its trainers shoulder as Ash began to walk away.

"Next time" He called over his shoulder, "Challenge someone who hasn't been away training for few years."