Ch 19 Pigeot

A large explosion was heard. "PIDGEY!" was the only thing Serena and Red could hear as they approached the source. When the reached the source, they saw nothing but a Pigeot lying in the ground unconscious.

"Pigeot!" Red hollered and he and Serena ran to the injured pokemon. Red checked for a pulse. "No pulse, Jolteon we need to save it." Jolteon looked serious, it started to charge lightning meanwhile Serena looked terrified. 'Is that pokemon...... dead?' she thought nervously as Red started compressions.

"Jolteon, like we trained, get on top and use thunder!" Red ordered and Jolteon put its hands on Pigeots torso and used a weak thunder like a defibrillator.

"Help is here!" yelled a man with a light tan, he seemed to have come from Pewter. The man ran up to Red and kneeled on the dirt path next to Red. "Tell me the state, I am a pokemon doctor."

"No pulse, unconscious," Red replied with urgency. "Jolteon fire off another thunder. Clear!" At that, Jolteon's thunder caused the Pigeot to gasp for air, it had regained a steady pulse. "Take care of her as me and my friend find out what did this," Red replied to which the tanned man nodded. The tanned man recognised this Pidgeot. 'It's Ash's Pigeot, who did this?'
This shock Serena because it was one of her crush old pokemon he talk about. As Serena met up with Red, they started walking, but before long and still in field of view from the Doctor and Pigeot, a flamethrower attacked the duo. "Jolteon counter with thunder!" Red yelled as Jolteon fired off a thunder and caused a large explosion with the flamethrower.

At that moment, 3 grunts with shirts that said "Team Draco" popped out with their leader. The leader had a black attire and a blue scarf. He looked to be no older than 20. Right next to him was a Charizard. "I see I have company. Leave that Pigeot alone and we will let you go."

"No way!" Red demanded. "Leave Pigeot alone!" Red ordered as he out himself in a defensive stance.

"Alain..." Serena just said with fear.

"I see Ketchum's friend is here, this will be easier than I thought," Alain said as he took position to battle. "I have only lost once, and that was to Ketchum so I suggest you comply," Alain said with anger. He had a venomous way of saying Ash's name.

"Red," Serena said to her best friend . "He's right, be careful." She was so unsure, she knew how strong Alain was and there he was challenging Red to battle.

Red would not back down at this point. He looked at the Charizard and noticed something. 'Mega Charizard X' he thought. He looked down and saw Jolteon growling. Red knelt down and petted Jolteon to calm him down,"Relax, I will succeed, just stay back as I might need to use you later." Red then looked back at Alain and said what he would say,"I accept your challenge! Greninja you are in charge!" Red said as he revealed a Greninja from his pokeball.

"Gren Greninja," it cried calmly looking at its opponent.

Alain was surprised that he would be battling another Greninja, but knew he could defeat it. He also wanted to make sure it could handle a Greninja for when he challenged Ash.