Ch 28 Red Vs Ash

"You see Ash, after you disappeared, Tierno became champion," Red explained. "Recently I defeated him and became champion."

"You know Tierno? He was strong when I battled him but to know you are champion is amazing," Ash admitted. "Red, I have been here alone for 2 years, I was kinda wondering if you wanted to have a battle," Ash asked with determination.

"Of course, I would love to have a battle!" Red replied as he and Ash went onto the battlefield. Serena followed them to the field and stood on the side, she knew this was going to be a strong battle, champion against champion.

"Let's do a 3 on 3 battle!" Ash exclaimed, he was still the confident trainer he was. "Noivern I choose you!" Ash exclaimed as he revealed a dragon that Red and Serena remembered from the lab.

"Rooooaaaar!" The dragon cried.

"Noivern huh? Dragalge let's go!" Red yelled.

"Drag Dragalge," the other dragon cried.

"Start this off with acrobatics Noivern!" Ash called as the noivern charged the purple dragon.

"Don't let him hit! Use focus blast to shield yourself!" Ordered Red. Noivern collided and caused Dragalge to take some damage, but blocked the attack. "Now use thunderbolt!" Dragalge charged up and launched an attack right at noivern.

"Counter with boomburst!" Ash shouted causing the Noivern to aim at the thunderbolt and shoot a strong sound wave from its ears. The collision was a stalemate and both pokemon took damage from the explosion.

"I have not known Red for so long, but after seeing him battle I saw him do things that the Ash I travelled with would lose to at first, how much stronger is Ash now than he was back then?" Serena muttered to herself. She thought about how Red defeated a Darkrai with one pokemon and Alain without a meha evolution. 'Can Ash surpass this?' she thought as she held her blue ribbon.

"Roaarr!" Noivern wailed in excitement.

"Dragalge, sludge wave!" Red called as Dragalge made a connection on Noivern with sludge wave. Noivern was hit hard for a lot of damage, but was not poisoned.

"Noivern attack with Dragon Claw!" Ash called causing Noivern to get claws that glowed green and charge at Dragalge.

"Dragalge, use dragon pulse!" Red called as Noivern got hit before it could reach Dragalge.

"Dang it..." Ash grit his teeth then noticed that Dragalge is so slow it cannot dodge. "Noivern use supersonic!" Noivern launched the supersonic confusing Dragalge. "Now hit it with dragonclaw!" Ash ordered. Noivern hit Dragalge in a large explosion in a super effective attack thus knocking out the Dragalge.

"You tried your best my friend, we still need to work on your battle style though," Red told his defeated pokemon as he recalled it. "Infernape take over!" Red called as the fire monkey was revealed.

"Infernape!" it cried.

"You also have an Infernape huh? Awesome!" Ash exclaimed. "Noivern use boomburst!"

"Wont happen, Infernape dodge and use thunderpunch!" Night ordered causing Infernape to dodge the attack while colliding a strong thunderpunch on Noivern.

"Don't give up! Charge with acrobatics!" Ash ordered.

"Roaaaaar!" Noivern called as it charged.

"Finish it with flare blitz!" Red ordered as the two attacks collided in a huge explosion. Flare blitz had overpowered and left Noivern out of commission.

"Well done Noivern," Ash called. "Take a good rest." Ash recalled his dragon and put out his supercomputer. "Metagross! Time to battle!"

"Meta!" the giant pokemon called