Ch 21 Pallet Town

"Champion! No wonder you were so strong! That reminds me, about your Greninja..." Brock started.

"Oh yeah, that. The reason it changed colors was because of its ability Protean. Greninja turns into the typing of the moves it used to get more damage through stab," Red replied with enthusiasm. "The color change warns me what typing Greninja is!"

"Interesting! You really showed that Charizard who is boss," Brock said. "Hey, there is Pallet Town now!" Brock was signaling to a small peaceful town on top of a hill.

"Awesome!" Serena said. "What are we waiting for?" Serena said as she started to run towards the town!

"Wait for us!" Red called out as he, Jolteon and Brock ran after her. Flashback:
Flash back
Serena stood at the edge of the docks at Coumarine City with her Fennekin and Pancham. Serena was devastated from her performance. She had not made it out of the first round and she knew that she would have to change something. Her eyes were blood red from the crying at the docks, but after reassurance from her pokemon, she remembered one thing: 'Never Give Up Until the End'. Serena widened her eyes. She knew that the old insecure Serena had to die. She had to kill off the Serena that would give up. She needed to kill her past.

Serena opened her backpack and found a case. In that case there was a pair of shears.

She was going to end it all right then and there... Not physically though, spiritually instead. With the sharp blade she pierced her hair and cut it killing her old self. (Fast forward a bit).

Serena was in her room and she decided to change her clothes as well. Serena took a red dress and put it on top. To finish it off, she needed something to remind her to 'never give up until the end'. She opened the gift her crush gave her yesterday, it was a blue ribbon that Ash had won after being the one millionth customer of the subway. She unrolled the ribbon which to her surprise, there was a stone in the end of it. She did not know what it was, but she decided to roll the knot over the stone and tuck it on top of her dress. The stone was hidden from everyone, but it did have meaning.

After that, she went to the lobby of the pokemon center to leave thus presenting the rebirth of Serena to her friends.

Flashback end                                                    Pallet Town:
"Hey, wait for us!" Red exclaimed as he, Jolteon and Brock ran after Serena who had darted off.

"Serena, you don't know this place, how about I guide you?" Brock wheezed catching his breath offering to show around.

"He's right Serena, I don't know this place either, why don't you let him guide us?" Red asked.

"Jolteon!" Jolteon agreed.

"What are you talking about?" Serena asked, excitement in her voice. "It may have been 10 years since I was here, but I still remember this place like the back of my head!"

"Wait, what do you mean? I have never seen you here before," recalled Brock confused at the performers assertion.

As the gang walked over towards the town, Serena told them about camp.

"You went to camp here? Amazing!" Brock exclaimed. "Also I never knew you would meet Ash of all people."

"Small world," Red said chuckling. After leaving Pigeot off at a ranch near the house for her to recover, the trio had come to a house in the town to which Brock knocked on the door.

"Hello, you must be some friends of Brock, please, come in and make yourself at home!" welcomed Delia. Brock decided to invite them to Ash's home. It seemed that Serena recognised the woman but Red had no clue he was interacting with the mother of the "Fallen Trainer".

"Hey, if I recall aren't you that childhood friend that Ash talked about?" Delia said turning to Serena, Delia had remembered the party 2 years prior.