Ch 26 The Climb

A bit later:

"There it is, Ash is at the top of that peak!" Serena roared in excitement.

"Jolteon eon!" Jolteon exclaimed in happiness.

"Jolteon, you are going to be a big help won't you?" Red asked his partner to which Jolteon nodded in agreement.

"Delphox come on out too!" Serena said. "Delphox, we are going to climb this mountain, we would love it if you stayed out and helped us if we need it!"

"Phox Delphox!" the fox exclaimed agreeing.

"Ok, according to this map, the safest route is along the side of the mountain we are facing now. It seems that it is less steep so we will be able to straight up climb." Red explained. "Not to mention that strong wild pokemon appear to be the large danger for this route." The duo and their pokemon started to climb the mountain, it was not so steep but a quarter of the way up it was getting cold.

"Red, I think we need to put on our Jackets now," Serena asserted. She was right, a little more and the mountain would be snowy. The duo got their jackets on, obviously Jolteon and Delphox were able to maintain their heat.

"Ursaring!" an ursaring exclaimed as it attacked the duo with a focus blast.

"Delphox use mystical fire!"

"Del PHOX!" Delphox exclaimed as her wand threw out a large fire that sent the ursaring fleeing.

"Well done Delphox!" Serena praised as she petted her partner. Red was impressed at how fast Serena and Delphox got an Ursaring running, but that is what he would expect from someone that travelled with Ash for so long.

"We still have a long way to go," Red stated as he looked towards the summit. "Let's keep going!"

"Jolteon jol jol!" his friend exclaimed as the group started to run up the mountain.

The path was still walkable, there was no way the group would need to climb, but the weather started to take its toll as a blizzard started to blow through the mountain.

"We need to take shelter," Serena said as she was being blown away by the strong winds.

"In here!" Red  yelled as he found a cave. Everyone gathered in the cave waiting for the storm to pass.

"Delphox, start a fire!" Serena ordered as Delphox took her wand out and started a fire.

As they waited for the storm to pass, Serena and Delphox were sitting down and across from them was Red with Jolteon on his side. Serena and Red talked about their battles and times that they almost risked their lives.

"So, after that Ash grabbed my hand and fell into the ravine with me, it turns out he twisted his ankle," Serena said recalling the memory.

"And then you said he was amazing and got shy and got the water from the stream again," Red giggled. "Ash was so mature when he traveled with you, look here are some of his best moments," Red said as he moved next to Serena with YouTube up on his Holo Caster.

"what? Attract didn't work!" Ash exclaimed.

"Your right, by any chance does your snivy happen to be a female?" Elesa asked.

"Oh no that is right! I totally forgot!" Ash yelled in surprise.

This made Axew, Pikachu, Iris and Cilan fall flat.

Serena burst out laughing. "Ash was really that derpy?"

"Yeap, and then you came along and straightened him out!" Red asserted. "He probably would not have won the league if it was not for you."

"Maybe, you probably are right," Serena sighed with a blush. At that time, the group looked out and saw that the storm was over. "I guess we can keep moving! Let's go Delphox!"

"Phox!"

"Jolteon let's keep going!"

"Teon!"

The group walked out of the cave, it was sunny now, but the temperature was still low. Serena and Red started up the mountain again, Jolteon was in front looking for danger as Delphox stayed near the trainers with her branch lit. They kept walking for some time until halfway up they reached the foot of a cliff.

"How are we going to get over that?" Serena asked. Red was looking at his map, he could have sworn that the cliff was never on the map and now they had to get over it.

"Serena, I have a plan, but I need you to help. Also, this may give you some performance ideas so listen up," Red said attentively.

"I am listening," Serena said trusting her cousin.

"Delphox, use your psychic to elevate Serena all the way to the top," ordered Red.

"Phox? Delphox!" Delphox responded confused if she should trust Red, but she decided to do it anyways. After a minute, Delphox had elevated Serena to the top.

"Great, Serena now summon Sylveon, she will be good help. Gliscor come on out!" Red said as he summoned Gliscor. Red and Jolteon got on Gliscor and Gliscor sprung with its tail to get Red and Jolteon to the top.

"Sylveon, we need you!" Serena ordered as she revealed Sylveon. "Use your feelers to grab Delphox and bring her up! We will help pull!"

"Sylveon!" the fairy type cried as it got ahold of Delphox. Red, Serena and Jolteon all helped pull and got Delphox up.

"Good job guys!" Red praised as he recalled Gliscor.

"Sylveon!" Sylveon cried as the cliff gave way. She was standing on it and started plummeting.

"Jol Jolteon!" Jolteon screamed as he jumped after her. Red  and Serena noticed this. Red jumped first followed by Serena. Jolteon grabbed Sylveon's feelers while Red grabbed Jolteon's leg and Serena grabbed Red's free hand. Serena then miraculously got ahold of Delphox's branch and was able to get to safety thus helping pull out the others.

"Thanks guys, we really did save each other their," Red sighed in relief.

"Thank Jolteon, he noticed Sylveon fall," Serena said as she petted the spiky pokemon thus causing Jolteon to blush.

Sylveon then sat next to Jolteon and cuddled with him thanking Jolteon for saving her. Jolteon turned more red than a tomato berry. Red chuckled while Serena found the chemistry between the eeveelutions adorable.

Serena had let Sylveon stay with them for the remainder of the time because she saw how Sylveon was so helpful. Trouble struck again a little above three quarters of the way up.

"Garchomp!" a wild Garchomp cried as it fired a dragon pulse towards to group.

"Jolteon counter with thunder!"

"Jolteon!" Jolteon cried as he sent a large thunderbolt to strike the dragon pulse. It was a stalemate, but the explosion was near to Garchomp.

"Finish it with hidden power!" Red ordered as the Garchomp took the hit causing it to flee.

"Red, what is with that hidden power?" Serena asked noticing how much he used it. "It always seems to hurt pokemon with an advantage."

"Hidden power is different types depending on the pokemon. Jolteon's hidden power is ice so it is super effective on dragon, grass, flying, and conveniently Ground thus making type matchups not a problem for Jolteon," Red explained as the group started walking up the mountain.

After some time, the group reached the summit of the mountain. "Sylveon return, thanks for the help!" Serena said recalling Sylveon.

"Serena through here!" Red said as he saw a cave.

The group entered the cave, Jolteon next to Red and Delphox using its wand to give off light like a torch. They heard explosions and headed towards them. When they reached the explosions they saw a Pikachu battling a Lucario.

The duo then turned to see another figure, a teen. He had a blue outfit and jeans and to top it off a red hat.

"It's him," Serena said to Red. Red widened his eyes. That was when the teen noticed the intruders and the pokemon turned to see what the teen was looking at.

They had found the Fallen Trainer.