Tokoyami F. | Poetry

AT TIMES, when you would stroll through the park, you would see a male with a crow-head perched high up upon the trees. Not wanting to be accused of staring, you would peak small glances. He would usually appear to be reading books but you couldn't see the name of them, due to your poor eyesight.

  Today, your mother had booted you from your dark room. Swinging by the library, you quickly grabbed a small book of poetry and strolled to the park.

  Taking in the scent of the freshly bloomed flowers, you strolled through the park's gates and plopped yourself on a bench, opening the book. The pages were stiff and crisp. They were as white as snow; the cover was smooth and appeared untouched. The book wreaked of a 'new-book-smell'. You opened the book and skipped a few pages. Taking a sudden liking towards a certain poem, you began to unknowingly read it aloud:

  "Perhaps if Death is kind, and there can be returning,

We will come back to earth some fragrant night,
And take these lanes to find the sea, and bending
Breathe the same honeysuckle, low and white.

We will come down at night to these resounding beaches
And the long gentle thunder of the sea,
Here for a single hour in the wide starlight
-"

 "We shall be happy, for the dead are free." You were cut off from your soft muttering by a deep male voice. With a blush adorning your [s/c] skin, you snapped your book shut in embarrassment and looked towards your right, only to find the male with a bird-head sitting beside you. With a quick scan, you saw he was wearing black skinny jeans and a grey hoodie. His eyes were closed and he leaned back, basking in the sunlight.

  "That's quite the poem, yes?" He asked, slightly cracking his eyes open to see your shaken figure. 

  "Did I give you that much of a scare-"

  "No! O-Oh, uhm s-sorry I c-cut you off, b-but no! Y-You didn't s-scare me...?" To him, it sounded much more like a question than a statement.

  He let out a breathy chuckled and clasped his hands together and rested his hands on them.

  "N-Nice to meet y-you. I'm [n-name] [last name]," You introduced, not wanting an awkward silence to lace over the both of you.

  "I'm Tokoyami Fumikage. The pleasure is all mine, [name]."

-------

i'm s h r i e k i n g

i love that precious birb boi

anyways, expect l o t s of underappreciated characters

like shinsou, tokoyami, mirio, amajiki, tsu, etc.

stay tuned ily <3