II :

VERONICA WAS HELPING BETTY INTO her cheerleading outfit, she zipped it up and turned Betty around

"Perfect! Very Betty Draper season 1." Veronica Said to Betty smiling.

Veronica turned around too look at herself in the mirror, Betty turned her around to face her.

"Veronica, why did..why did you defend me? I know the crowd you ran with in New York, why..why are you being so...nice?"

The both walked outside, Veronica sighed before explaining too Betty who she defended her.

"When my Father was arrested, it was the worst thing ever. All these trolls started writing horrible things about us, we'd get letters and emails saying that my dad was a thief, my mum was a clueless socialite and that I was spoilt rich bitch ice princess. And what hurt the most about it was, the things the trolls were writing were true. I was like Amelia. Worse than Amelia. So when my mum said we're moving too RiverDale, I made a pact with myself, to use this as an opportunity to become maybe hopefully, a better version of myself."

"That's a lot of pressure." Betty said, placing her hand on Veronica's shoulder. "When Polly and Jason got together, it meant everything to her and nothing to him. A..and things got super intense and weird and toxic and my mum turned on Polly. She said she wants her daughter anymore, said all these awful things to her." Betty explained, tears threatening too fall, which made Veronica wrap her arms around the girls shoulder.

"Jason hurt Polly, but it's my Mum who broke her." She muttered.

"Archie!" Veronica called the red head over. "You are so doing this!" Veronica smiled pushing Betty forward.
"W..What?!" Betty asked, and her eyes widened.

"Hey Archiekins." Veronica smiled too Archie, "Hey nice outfits. Did you guys get Into the squad?" Archie asked raising a brow, and turned around too see his little cousin and Reggie talking in the corner.

"Yes. But Your cousin is nothing but a bitch." Betty muttered, making Veronica laugh and Archie roll his eyes.

"Anyways, Betty here has something she wants to ask you about the back-to-school dance." Betty nodded awkwardly and looked down at her trainers.

"Go on Betty ask." Veronica nudged her,and winked.

"I..I was wondering..if you wanted..wanted too come with..both of us." Betty smiled at Archie as she asked him.

"Huh?" Archie asked confused, he turned too Veronica. "What?" She asked confused, raising her brow.

"I mean it's your first dance at Riverdale. You should have someone too go with, even if it's just a friend." Betty explained smiling at the raven haired girl. "I..I would love to." Veronica replied smiling at her two friends.
"I'm not really in the headspace for a dance." Archie replied scratching his head, and sadly smiled at the two girls in front of him.