Chapter Four

The next day, I don't go to the training room. I go to my regular job, the infirmary.

Some people were there, most just Dauntless thrill seekers and kids who broke their boned, bruised eyes, open wounds.

Nothing I can't fix.

I get started. Stitching some, casting, giving others an ice pack.

I love my job.

Once almost everyone is gone. I work on my last patient. A small child, Rose. She has a few cuts on her body.

"Hi Rose." I smile at her.

"Hi Miss Y/N!" She giggles.

"Hmm......what happened here?" I inspect her cuts.

"I was fighting........"

"Again?"

"Well,yes! Josh said that I wasn't the strongest because I am a girl!"

"Well that's not true!" I gasp.

She winces as I clean her cuts. "I know! So then, I beat him up!"

"You know what?" I put a bandaid on her knee. "I think you're the strongest girl I ever met."

"Really?" She jumps down from the stool.

"Yup." I hand her a lolipop. "Now don't forget that."

Rose smiles amd gives me a hug. I hug her back and she runs out.

I go back to cleaning up my supplies and someone sits on chair near the entrance.

I can tell who it is from the way he sits. Up straight,bold,cowardless. Strong.

Four.

"You left your transfers?" I ask him.

"They're with Eric."

"Why'd you leave?"

He clenches his jaw. "There was no reason for me to stay."

I put my supplies on my desk then walk over to him. I sit next to him.

"Lollipop?" I pull one out of my pocket and offer him one. "I know you like the cherry flavoured Four."

He chuckles and takes it. "Thank you."

I lean back in my chair. "Talk to me Four."

He sighs. "I remember meeting you. You sat next to me at out first breakfast as intiates."

I laugh. "Oh gosh that feels like it was ages ago."

"I know. Your hair was the same. H/C and H/L. You were nervous to talk to me. You looked at me, introduced yourself, and started spewing out random facts." He smiles a bit.

"I was so confused." He says

"About what?"

He looks at me. "I didn't understand why a pretty girl from Erudite was talking to me."

I look down and blush. He stands up.

"You should get ready. Tris will be here soon." He says before popping the lolipop in his mouth.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~

I swing onto the train first, waychinf the intiates amd Four jump in.

"Feeling okay there?" Peter looks at Tris.  "Or are you feeling a little.....stiff?" Peter, Molly and Drew laugh  at his attempt  of a joke. See, yesterday, Peter and Tris fought, and well.......Tris was sent to the infirmary.

"We are all awed by your incredible wit." Will says.

"Yeah, are you sure you don't  belong in Erudite Peter? I hear they don't  object to sissies." Christina says.

Four speaks up. "Are Y/N  and I going to have to listen to your bickering all the way  to the fence?"

Everyone  goes silent and I smirk.

I take a long glance at Four. He's  standing in the doorway, his arms are on each side of it and his upper half is mostly outside  the train.

His arms are muscular,popping out of his shirt. 

I blush and turn away.

"Where are we going?" Myra asks me.

"To the fence.  Its a gate that goes  around the city."

"Why are we going there?"

"Your Eurdite is showing." I warn her. She closes her mouth amd smiles a bit.

The train slows  down and we lurch foward, the intiates more than Four and I.

I hope off the train and stand next to Four.

"Follow me." He says to them.

The fence is chain linked, with barbed wire strung along the top. Guarding it are Dauntless, with guns.

We get to the gate and Four speaks. "If you don't  rank in the top five at the end of initiation you will probably end up here. Once you are a fence guard, there is some potential for advancement, but not so much. You may be able to go on patrols beyond Amity's farms but-"

"Patrols for what purpose?"

"I suppose you'll discover that if you find yourself among them." I answer.

"As I was saying. For the most part, those who will guard the fence when they are young will continue to guard the fence. If it comforts you, some of them insist that it isn't bad as it seems." Four continued.

"What rank were you two?" Peter asks us.

"First." Four says.

"Third." I say.

"And you chose to do this?" Peter's  eyes go wide. "Why didn't you get a government job?"

"We didn't want one." I answer for us.

I see Four from the corner of my eye smirk a bit.

A truck  full of Amity comes to the gate. I don't pay them any mind.

"If you don't want to end up here, I'd advise you to train hard. Try your best to become top 5." I speak. "There are other jobs, like in the stores, dining hall, cleaning daycare and such. They're all important jobs of course, but  try to be in the top five. In all three stages." I finish.

The train gets ready to leave.

"That's  our cue. On the train, initiates.

A/N- SUPER SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE YIKESSSSSSSS!!!!!  This was so short...........
Anyway, hope  you enjoy it!! Just watched  Trick 'R Treat and it was the best. I love Sam and Halloween!!!