Chapter 10

"It's about time you got here!" Lana shouts to me.

"It takes 10 whole minutes to get here from my room."

"Excuses, excuses." She laughs.

A guy with blonde hair, and blue eyes, steps up to me. He smiles hard at me.

"The name's Manur, gorgeous." He takes my right hand and kisses it.

"Uhhh.... hi. I'm Y/N."

"Get away from her, Manure." Tyler walks up to us.

"Very funny. You're so clever Ty." Manur sneers.

"So, what are we doing today? You didn't give me details yesterday." I question Tyler.

"Just 'picking' in the city."

"Picking?"

Lana smiles at me. "Oh you'll love it! Come on!

                   -------------------------

We're in the city, mainly in the abandoned buildings near the Hub.

"So, let me understand, we're going to loot? In the abandoned buildings?"

"Exactly." Manur looks at me. "Oh come on, don't look so glum gorgeous! It'll be fun. Trust me."

He's right, it'll be fun. No worries.

But, We shouldn't be here.
It's where the factionless live.
Eric wouldn't-

Eric.
Eric.
Eric.

He isn't with me anymore, he doesn't love me anymore, maybe he never did.

I need to get him out of my head.

I shake my hands out.

This will be fun, no matter what anyone thinks.

We walk into a building that looks like it's ready to fall by lightest touch.

"Of COURSE you pick the worst building, Lana." Tyler points at her.

"What can I say? I have a taste for danger."

"Hopefully I'll find a new jewel for my knife." Manur walks down a hallway to the left. "Have fun gorgeous!"

I roll my eyes. Lana goes downstairs to a lower level. Tyler goes down a hallway to the right.

Up I go then.

I walk carefully up the stairs, few steps missing in between it. Pebbles slip and slide around my black sneakers, waiting for a chance for me to slip and fall to my death from them.

I can hear the wind, blowing in and out of the building, as it itself was breathing.

The creaking on floors, another sign of how old the building is, ready to fall.

This floor, a table with, papers scattered about, chairs broken.

I wonder what happened here. I look around,pushing boxes and paper out my way, nothing very valuable.

Up another flight I go.

Up the steps, I walk. Listening to the wind again, not paying attention to the dead rat that laid on the steps.

I slip on it, it makes a squelching sound underneath my sneaker. I slip on it, and the step gives out.

"AUGH" I'm dangling from the broken step. My arms are the only support I have.

Okay,okay,okay, think. Think.

You're going to die.

The voice. It's back.