Chapter 7

The last day of combat training for the initiates.

Four stands by the board writing down names while I wipe down the mat.

Before the initiates arrived it was so quiet.

And Awkward.

Four and I couldn't look at each other. We only spoke when it wsd necessary.

I hope it doesn't stay like forever, I'd like to talk to him like before.

The matches start.

First up, Myra and will. I circle the mat, watching them.

Will jerks his arm at her and hits ber right in the face. Her head is tossed back, and she falls on the floor.

"Myra you need to work on attacks and protecting yourself." I advise. "Will excellent job."

Next, Christina and Al. As usual, quick and painless, An taking a few punches then falling to the floor.

"Pathetic." I think. "He should've gone with Amity."

After them, the match I've been waiting for.

Edward and Peter.

The two best fighters out of the transfers.

Edward goes first, punching into Peter's jaw. The force, the accuracy, it's like he's been training his whole life. He's faster and stronger than Peter. Their match lasts longer than the others, but finally, Edward wins.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

After lunch, Molly and Tris.

I don't know who I want to win. Molly is annoying and I have a bad feeling when it comes to Tris. I don't know what it is, but I get a bad vibe from her.

As predicted, Molly swings first. But Tris dodges it. Molly pauses then charges at Tris, failing to hit her. Tris hits her with her forearm, Molly tries to kick her. Tris elbows her, Molly punches her ribs.

I watch intensely. Tris is stronger than before but that's not it.

She's angry.

This isn't a regular training match.

She's really fighting.

Tris punches Molly in the stomach.

"Idiot." I say to myself. "Such an idiot. I told her to protect herself."

Tris knocks Molly down, kicking her,over and over again. In the face and in the ribs.

The others shocked, watching as the smallest initiate take down one of the top five. Four rushes toward Tris, grabbing her and pulling her away Molly.

He whispers something to her and she calms down.

I grit my teeth.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

"So basically we walk on the upper levels seeing which ones are too clingy to their parents. Understand?" Eric gives me the run down on his and Max's plan.

"Yeah Eric, I got it."

Visiting day. The day where the parents of the initiates come and visit. It's the only and last day they will ever see their parents again.

Eric and I stand on the upper left side, watching down below.

"Where have you been Eric?"

He hesitates. "Working Y/N. Where have you been?"

"Working, looking for you, working."
He leans over the railing, glaring at the cluster of people below.

I look over and scan the crowd. Two initiates stand together, no parents.

"Molly and Drew's parents are a no show."

"Perfect. They'll know that no one cares for them, only Dauntless."

I look at Eric.

His hair is ragged, a mess. He licks his lips a couple of time.

I look a little closer........ His shirt, it's on backwards.

"Eric your shirt."

"What about it?"

"It's on backwards."

He looks at his shirt frantically, then smiles to himself.

"Silly me huh? I must've put in on backwards while I was rushing." He excuses himself.

He lifts his shirt and that's when I see it.

A bite mark.

A bite mark on one of his abs.

I feel my face getting hot with anger.

I can't kill him. Even though I should.

Who? Who did it? Who could possibly underestimate me?  Who would be dumb enough to do it?

Who?

I push him hard. "Eric what the hell!?"

"What?" He asks.

There's a bite mark....... On your stomach! And I know I didn't give it to you!"

"Y/N, listen, I can do whatever the hell I want. I can't be tied down to one girl. So what? I didn't see you in days."

I ball up my fists. "Are you blaming me?"

He scoffs then walks away.

Hot tears dares to spill. I walk fast to my room,down the steps pushing past people, hoping not to bump into anyone I know.

I keep my head down while I walk.

In a few moments I'm in my room.

I lock the door, slouch against it,sliding down while I let the tears go.

How can he do this to me? After I give him a year and a half of my life!

I loved him!

I gave him mt heart and he broke it.

What did I do wrong?

A/N- Sorry this chapter is so long! I'm going through some stuff at the moment.

                 Until the next update,

                               Thatpepsichic