Chapter 3

Gabe's POV
I didn't know how I should feel right now.
I had many different emotions. Mainly just angry because she abandoned Mari and me. I don't care that she gave birth to me. She's not my mother. "Let's go Javi"
"You're really going to leave?"
"She may have birthed me but she's not my mother," I said glaring at Grace.
"Wait Gabe let me explain" Grace pleaded.
I stopped walking signaling that I was listening. "The reason I left was because I was scared."
"What do you mean scared?" I asked getting
More pissed.
"After Mari was born I didn't think that I would be the right Mom for you" Grace explained. It only made me more pissed. "So you're saying that you abandoned me and Mari because you were scared?!" I yelled at her. She nodded. I turned to Javi. "Let's go back," Javi nodded and we started walking towards the car "wait!" Grace yelled. "It's getting late, so why don't you come to my community for the night" I looked at Javi and sighed "fine, but only for tonight"
Grace smiled. "It's at the university," she told us. I looked at Javi before going in the car. I don't want to do this" I told him. "I know Gabe, Just give her a chance,"
"Why? that bitch did nothing but leave!"
"I know Gabe, you just need to find forgiveness"
"No that was the old me. I'm not the same pushover Gabe you once knew."
"If your dad was still alive he would be so disappointed in you"
I felt hurt but I didn't let it show.
"You know what, fuck you Javi!" I yelled at him. "As soon as we get back I'm leaving," I told him with no emotion. "You can't run away from your problems Gabe"
I just stayed silent for the remainder of the drive. We eventually pulled up to the university. I could see Javi glancing at me every once in a while. I got out of the car and started walking to the front door. I raised my hand and went to knock when the door opened.
It was Grace. "We thought you guys got lost for a second there," she said inviting us in. The building was pretty huge. Grace showed us where we were going to be staying. I was about to go In the room when Grace asked if she could talk to me. Seeing as there was no way I could avoid it. I agreed to talk to her. She brought me to her office and we sat down. "I'd been meaning to ask you...is your father and sister alive?"
"No, they're dead"
Grace looked down. "I'm so sorry Gabe"
"It's fine"
"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" She asked.
"I did," I said simply
"what happened to her? Did she die?"
"No, we just didn't work out"
"Did you love her?"
"I did at the time"
"What about now?
"I don't have those feelings for her anymore"
Grace seemed surprised "wow" I raised an eyebrow. "What happened between you two?" She asked. I didn't feel like telling her the truth so I just lied. "We just grew apart"
"I see, well I'm going to let you go back to Javi" I nodded and left her office. When I got back to the room I was expecting to be bombarded with questions. What I got was Javi passed out on a bed. I decided to copy him and fall asleep too.

"You sure you don't want to stay another day?" Grace asked
"Yeah we're sure, but don't worry we'll come to visit soon," Javi told her.
Grace turned to me and gave me a hug. I hesitantly hug her back "please be safe my boy"
"I will" she pulled away and Javi and I got inside our car. "Well? What do you think?" Javi asked. "It was nice"
"Gabe I'm sorry about everything I said" he apologized.
"It's fine Javi, I know I was being an asshole"
"So does that mean you'll talk to clem?
"We'll see Javi"