Chapter 9

Gabe's POV
A few days have passed and a lot has happened. Aasim, Louis and I found a train station the had a shit ton of food. I found some creepy fucker who had fucked up teeth and two different colored eyes. I pushed him out of the window so I don't have to worry about seeing him again. However, when we got back to camp and told everyone we met the creep Brody freaked out. It confused all of us. That following night I couldn't sleep. I've been thinking about Clementine a lot these past few days.
"Gabe, you okay?" Louis asked me
"What oh yeah I'm fine" he seemed hesitant but dropped it which I was grateful for. Everything seemed normal except for Brody and Marlon. They seemed tense and jumpy.
I sighed and laid my head in my arms.
"You look like you haven't slept in days"
I looked up and saw it was Violet. "That's because I haven't" I explained to her.
"Gabe you've been doing a lot for us here, you need to rest"
"I'm good Violet I promise,"
"If you say so"
"Anything  that needs to get done?" I asked her.
"Not right now, but it's not like I'll tell you,"
I sighed "fine" I got up out of my seat and walked towards the dorms.   I entered my room and laid down on my bed. I realized how tired I was as soon as I hit the bed. I closed my eyes and succumbed to sleep.

Clem's POV
Our car ran out of gas some and Javi are walking around in the woods. We're so exhausted. "Do you think we can stop for a few?" I asked Javi. "Yeah" he said.
I sat down and laid against a tree.
"I'm so tired" I groaned.
"Yeah, I too clem" we then went silent for a few until Javi decided to break it.
"Hey, clem?
"Yeah, Javi?
"I think tomorrow should be the last day we search for Gabe"
"What? why?" I asked freaking out.
"Clem we've been out here for almost 2 weeks," he said trying to reason with me. I was crying. The love of my life is out here and he could be dead. "I love him Javi...and I don't know if he's dead." I sobbed. Javi pulled me into a hug. "Hey, it's going to be okay clem," he said trying to soothe me. "No, it's not okay. I love him Javi"
"Gabe's Strong clem, he'll be alright"
I pulled away and wiped my tears
"I hope so Javi"
"C'mon lets keep searching," he said standing up, holding out his hand to help me up.
I grabbed it and Javi pulled me to my feet.
"Thanks," I said to him.
"No problem clem"

In the distance, I saw a building. "Javi look," I said pointing to the building. "Do you think Gabe's here?" I asked him.
"Maybe, let's find out," he said. We walked closer to the building which was surrounded by walls. "Halt!" A voice yelled out. We looked up and saw a kid holding a bow. "Woah there we're not looking for trouble" Javi explained to him.  The kid looked at us before yelling out a name. Marlon, I believe he said. 3 people came outside. "Who are you and what do you want?" Marlon, I think asked us. "My names Javier and this here is Clementine," Javi said introducing us. "Why are you here?" Marlon asked. "We're looking for me nephew Gabe, have you seen him?" Javi asked him.  "Violet, can you get Gabe?" Marlon asked her. She nodded and went to get him. "So you're Clementine, Gabe has said a lot about you"
I looked down at my feet.
"Javi?...Clem?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw Gabe standing in front of me.