Chapter 6

Gabe's POV
I open my eyes to find out I'm in a room of some kind. I went to sit up but I noticed my hand was zip tied to the bed. I sighed and sat up the best I could. The room was fairly large fitting two bunk beds, a table, and a dresser in it. I heard someone walking down the hall. I had no idea of these people were nice or not.
My door opened revealing a kid. A let my guard down a little bit but enough to still be cautious. He notices that I was awake. "Marlon, he's awake!" He shouted. The kid who I assume was Marlon came running in with a bow and a quiver full of arrows. "Hey, we're not going to hurt you alright?"
I nodded and he cut the zip tie off. "So what's your name?" Marlon asked.
"Gabe"
"Nice to meet you, Gabe, I'm Marlon and this here is Tennessee or "Tenn" for short" he explained. I waved to him but he only looked down. "Here let me show around" I got off the bed and followed him outside. The place was surrounded by walls and there was a huge building. "What is this place?" I asked him.
"Welcome to Erickson's boarding school for troubled youth" he explained.
"Thanks for the welcoming"
I looked to my right and see a kid staring at me. "Uh...hi there?" He ignored me and just ran towards the gate. "Okay....that was weird"
"Oh don't mind Willy, we haven't seen anything like you in a long time"
"It's fine, so who's the leader here?" I asked
"Well, I am. Probably sounds strange, Kids run by a kid. But we do alright for ourselves"
"Looks like you do"
Marlon opened his mouth to reply when Willy shouted. "Marlon we got walkers on the fence!"
Marlon sighed "I've got to deal with this but if your wondering who saved you his name is Louis he's inside just listening for the music"

Walking into the school I was greeted with a large set of stairs. I listened closely for music and heard it down the hallway on my right. I walked down the hall and pushed the door open. I saw Louis playing the piano. I decided to wait until the song was done. He must have noticed me walk in because he stopped playing.
"Look who's finally up," he said with a grin
"Yeah, thanks for rescuing me I guess"
"Oh it wasn't really me but your welcome"
"I'm Louis," he said introducing himself
"Gabe"
"Nice to meet you, Gabe"
"Likewise"
"You know how to play?" He asked.
"No, I only know how to play a guitar"
"That's cool, usually most people don't play anymore"
"Oh I totally forget, Marlon left your stuff in here somewhere"
I looked around and saw my bag on the floor.
"Don't worry I got it" I said grabbing my bag. I opened it and luckily found my knife inside of the bag. "I hate to ask you on your first day here but we could really use your help," Marlon said walking into the room.
"Yeah, just show me the way"
Marlon nodded and I followed him out of the room.