Chapter 16

Gabe's POV
I jolted awake breathing heavy and covered in sweat. I've been having nightmares for the past week and it hasn't been pleasant. I looked at Clem's sleeping figure. I got up out of bed and walked into the kitchen to get a drink. I chugged a cup of water and placed the cup down with a sigh. I heard Clem walk into the room and she wrapped her arms around my body "nightmare?" She asked me "Yeah..." I sighed "you want to talk about?" She asked "no not really" Clem in wrapped her arms and turned me around. "Gabe you know I'm always here for you right?" "Yeah I know Clem," Clem grabbed my hand and walked me back to the bedroom. I laid down on the bed and Clem snuggled up next to me. "I love you Clem"
"I love you too Gabe, I'll see you in the morning," I wrapped my arm around her and she snuggled up even closer and we fell asleep.

When I woke up I noticed Clem wasn't in the bed. I got out of bed and put a shirt on before walking into the kitchen. Clem was sitting on the couch eating breakfast "morning Clem" I said fixing my self something to eat. "Morning babe, how'd you sleep?" She asked "I slept pretty good" I said letting out a yawn. "That's good to hear, so what do you want to do today?
She asked "I haven't been outside of the walls in a while, you want to head out with me?" I asked "Yeah I just need to grab my stuff. When do you plan on heading out?" "Umm I'm not sure yet, sometime around noon." "Ah so what do you want to do in the mean time?" "We can always cuddle," I said making her laugh "That sounds really nice actually.

"Do you have everything?" I asked Clem "yeah I'm all ready," "well let's go then," We borrowed some horses and rode them out of the Hilltop. "I don't remember the last time I rode a horse," I said to Clem. "It's been a while for me too," Clem replied. "You always even to master something even when it's your first try,"
"Now I don't know about that" "oh c'mon you know it's true," "doesn't mean I have to like it, "
"I love you," "I love you too Gabe," I rode my horse very close to Clementine's.I leaned over to kiss her but ended up slipping and falling off my horse. "Ow..." I said sitting up. "Are you ok?," Clem asked me and by her impression I could tell she was trying not to laugh. I just rolled my eyes and laid back down on the ground. I heard Clem get off her horse and sit down next to me. "This is nice," Clem said making me confused. "Bring out here with you I mean" she specified. I sat back up and looked at Clem. "It's nice being out with you too Clem,"  Clem smiled and gave me a quick kiss.
I don't know why I suddenly did the but I rolled up my sleeves and traced my fingers across my scars on my arm. I quickly rolled down my sleeve and looked back at Clem who was looking at me with a frown. "You know I'm always here for you" Clem said holding my hand. I went to respond but suddenly felt something cold press against my head "Now look what we have here. We got us some love birds" a voice said.

I went to pull my gun out but my hand was grabbed and stopped on. I hissed and was hit in the head. "Now you thought you could pull a fast one on us didn't you? Well let me tell you some thing. He kicked me in the stomach which knock the wind out of me. "That shit doesn't fly!" He yelled. He then pulled my hair and forced me to look at him "now what do you have to say about that?"the man asked "fuck you," I replied which earned me another punch and one of my fingers broken. I screamed and clutched my hand "Stop! Please!" Clem begged "now I would love to do that but your friend needs to know when to keep his mouth shut, " he explained kicked my side. My vision was blurry and I couldn't breathe. I looked back up and was  hit in the face with a gun making the whole world go dark.