SPIRITPACT SEQUEL Part 6

The next day, Shouken wakes up from a restless sleep. He gets up and sees Sekijin sitting on a chair in his room, dressed up in formal attire reading a book. He rubs his eyes and asks, "Jin ge, what are you doing here so early in the morning?" Sekijin takes his eyes off the book and smiles, "You're up. I came to see how you were doing. You seemed to be having a bad sleep. What's the matter?" he asks. "Nothing for Jin ge to fret over. I'm perfectly fine." Shouken replies. "If you say so. I'll tell Mii to get you breakfast, you just rest." He says getting up. "Where are you going?" Shouken asks. Sekijin pats Shouken's head and says "There's an important conference and then a get together. All the family heads must be present. I might come home late, take care of yourself and rest properly." "Okay." Shouken says obediently, "Be careful." Sekijin smiles, "I will." Sekijin sayd with a smile. "Mii will be here with your breakfast soon. Eat and sleep." "Okay, Jin ge." "I'll be leaving then." "Okay." Sekijin leaves the room and Shouken kneads his forehead. He has a terrible headache and starts murmuring to himself, "Recording a song? Mp3 player? Observer? Blood? Ki? Jiun? Spiritpact? What exactly was that dream? Jin ge said that I was unconscious for a long time. Then what exactly are these recollections? Who can I ask?... Mii? No, she won't say anything. This is extremely frustrating and suffocating." He starts hyperventilating and at that moment Mii enters with breakfast. She sees Shouken's condition and immediately places the tray on a table and rushes to Shouken. "Young master! Are you alright? What's wrong?!!" she asks worried. Shouken smiles, "Don't worry, I'm just tired. I will be resting in my room for the whole day so don't let anyone in. I want complete silence. Send the guards away and stay outside until I call you." "As you command, young master. I will take my leave. Have a nice rest." Saying so she leaves and Shouken flops onto his pillow.

XXXXXX

Meanwhile at the Tanmoku residence:

Ki is ready to leave for the conference. Keika follows him to the car to see him off. "You didn't have to come see me off. I'll probably be late so don't stay up waiting." Ki says to Keika. "And also, here." He pulls Keika close and kisses him. Jimei being present there immediately turns away embarrassed for his master. Keika is red as a beet root, "What are you doing?" he screams. Ki does his best to hide a smirk, "You might need the energy if you leave the residence. Be careful." he says. "I can go out?!!" Keika asks excitedly. Ki smiles, "Yes. Also, earlier you were complaining about it being no fun without Shiyou. She's arriving today and Jiun will probably be with her." he says. "Really?!! It's going to be so fun. Unlike with a certain someone" Keika says eyeing Ki. "Don't make me do something here in front of Jimei." Ki says teasingly. "It's getting late and I have to go. You can go out. Don't wander too far and inform Jimei before you leave." he says. Keika becomes aware of Jimei's presence and blushes even more, "Okay, okay. Don't worry and be careful." Ki turns to enter the car but a tug on his sleeve stops him. He turns around to find a shy Keika looking on the ground. "What is it? You want it?" Ki asks teasingly. Shyly and softly keika says, "...thank you..." Before Ki gets a chance to react Keika rushes into the house and a surprised Ki enters the car and drives off.

Inside the house, Keika says to himself, "I wonder where I should go. I don't feel like going anywhere... Maybe I'll go to the forest and take a walk." He goes to the forest and stops in front of the river. He sits and starts skipping stones. He wanders around, sits down, paces back and forth and repeats the cycle countless times. Around six in the evening a voice from behind surprises him, throwing him off balance, straight into the river. "Sennen Youko! It's just you. Don't scare me like that!" he screams. "Don't call me that! Call me In Tetsu." After some time, Youko says while sneering, "Did Tanmoku Ki finally abandon you?" "I don't wanna call you that. Anyways what rubbish are you spewing? He's gone for a special meeting or something" Keika says sticking his tongue out. "And you daringly came here? Aren't you scared for your life?" Youko asks. "No, I'm not." Keika says matter-of-factly. "My life belongs to Ki and besides, you wouldn't dare to hurt me. After all you were controlled by..." Youko doesn't let him finish his sentence, "Okay, enough! I get it. Anyways, I wanted to ask you something." "Go ahead" Keika says. "What's wrong with Tanmoku Ki?" he asks.

Keika doesn't see that coming and asks back, "What do you mean?" Rolling his eyes Youko says, "Haven't you noticed? He keeps giving you energy although you don't need it, why is that so?" Keika thinks for a while and then says, "Earlier, Jimei told me that Ki couldn't feel my presence. We talked about it and he didn't tell me anything." "I think that the problem lies elsewhere. Not with you nor Ki." Youko says. "What do you mean?" Keika asks. "Ki can't feel your presence. It's as if something is coming in between your pact. Although you both have a tight bond now, there's something interfering." Youko says. Keika doesn't know what to say and remains silent. Youko goes on, "Also, today, he didn't give you normal energy. He put a spell so that he can detect you. He's that worried." "Impossible. There's no way something could tamper with our pact..." Keika says his thoughts wandering off. "Do you have other thoughts?" Youko asks detecting Keika's unsure expression. "Forget it. Ki might know. I'll ask him later." Keika says. "Oh right. Have you heard of anyone called Jikan?" Youko asks changing the topic.

"Why do you ask?" Keika retaliates with a question. "There's been a guy using spirits to ask around. It seems he's dead, but his soul is missing. I was wondering if you knew anyone like that." Youko says. "Why would I know someone named Jikan??!!!" He stops abruptly, "Ji...kan? Jikan? Where have I heard that name before...?" Keika stutters. "You know this person?" Youko asks. "The name sounds familiar but no, I don't know this person I think." Keika says, steadying himself. "I see." Youko says. "Most spirits don't keep their original birth name, they change it or their master changes it." Keika says thoughtfully. Kau comes flying with the help of an umbrella, "Keika is right. I just got this intelligence and if we keep searching for someone named Jikan, I don't think we'll find him. If he's alive or a spirit, not being able to find him means he doesn't want to be found" she says without emotion. The screeching of brakes and the slamming of doors distract the trio. "I wonder what happened." Keika says. "Want me to go check?" Kau suggests. Keika waves off the suggestion, "There's no need. I'll come visit another day. See ya." He says and rushes off.

When Keika is out of hearing range Youko softly says, "Be careful." Kau surprisingly smiles, "Someone's getting soft." She says. "Oh, shut up." Youko replies. Keika reaches the house gates and finds Jimei rushing towards the car, Shiyou holding the door open. Jiun is seen bending in the car, with the help of Jimei they both carry a greatly fatigued body from inside the car. Keika is surprised to find who the body belongs to. "Shouken??!!" he asks shocked. "But how?"

x-END OF CHAPTER 6-x

Published on 2018 (around August)

Edited on 25 May 2020

Thank you for reading!