SPIRITPACT SEQUEL Part 12

"Dad?!" shouken asks shocked. Keika nods, "Mom and dad were happily wedded. Why do you think we were separated?" Keika asks. Shouken didn't know how to reply, a thousand thoughts running through his head. "Dad married into the You family, he wasn't originally part of the You family. The You family before dad married mom had no male head and uncle was too young. So dad married into the You family to help carry the burden, but dad got greedy. When we were born he was overjoyed to find twins but was disappointed to find that only one of us inherited the special power. Hence, he disregarded you completely. As a result of that, mom was always by your side. But your power started activating and you had a dream in which you saw dad use my power to overthrow the Youmeshi. You told all of this to mom so to protect the both of us, she took me with her. She used her power to erase all of your memories and didn't tell dad about your power."

Keika pauses to catch his breath then continues, "That day when you fainted due to fatigue, I happened to fall asleep and I saw your dream as well. After Ki got into the car and drove off, I saw dad behind a tree, a smug expression on his face. He had caused the accident because mom and uncle had read information which dad had hidden. It was about the power of the Youmeshi and how to overpower him. By then dad was drowned in greed and he would stop at nothing. I saw that dream as we are connected. Unfortunately for you dad interfered and prevented you from seeing it."

Shouken is overwhelmed by the amount of information he had just received. "So all along the mastermind was dad. This is so funny. But, what about you becoming Keika?" Shouken asks. "That will be for the next time we meet." he starts to disappear slowly after he says that. He smiles sweetly and utters his last words before disappearing completely, "Take care of Ki for me." "No!" Shouken reaches out his hand to grab Keika but all that's left is the birth ring. Shouken returns back to the real world and falls down on his knees. He sees Keika lying lifeless on the grass. He clenches the ring in his fist tightly. Keika's ring lights up, it flies up and  Shouken's ring does the same. They circle around each other and then combine into one. They form a single bracelet and the bracelet places itself onto Shouken's right wrist. A blast of light is seen and Shouken's appearance changes. He looks very majestic, the blackness from his eyes gone.

"Dad, no Chen san, prepare to receive your punishment from the heavens." Shouken flicks his right hand and the chains holding onto Shen light up, in the blink of an eye Chen is engulfed by the light and disappears. Shouken loosens his clenched fists and falls to the ground, he stays there staring at Keika's body. Ki pats Shouken's shoulder, "Let's go home Shouken." Shouken takes Ki's outstretched hand. A car arrives at that moment and Jimei gets out. "Do as I had instructed over the phone" Ki tells Jimei. Shouken follows Ki into his car. Jimei picks up Keika's lifeless body and puts it in the car he came in. Both the cars go to the Tanmoku household. Ki takes Shouken to the room in which he used to stay. Jimei as per Ki's orders takes Keika to Ki's room, lays him on the bed and covers him with a blanket.

Ki stays up the whole night doing work and Shouken sleeps well after a really long time. The next day Mii comes to Shouken's room with breakfast. Shouken is shocked to see Mii, "How come you're here?" he asks. Mii bows politely, "Forgive me for feigning ignorance. I was told by Tanmoku Sama to look after your needs." Shouken nods and says, "So there was someone by my side after all." "Keika san is in his room if you would like to see him." Mii says. Shouken's face becomes a bit gloomy but he smiles either way. "Thank you" he says to Mii. After eating breakfast Shouken freshens up and then goes to see Keika. He finds Ki waiting outside the room. "How did you know I would come?" he asks. Ki smiles, "Intuition." "This is the first time you actually smiled properly at me." Shouken says softly. They both enter the room. Shouken goes ahead and sits beside Keika. "You still have so much to explain to me..." Shouken holds back his tears and says getting up, "I'm going."

Shouken is about to leave but a hand stops him, he turns around and finds Keika sitting on the bed giving him a toothy smile. Shocked Shouken blurts out, "How?" "Hehe," keika says. "Don't treat me like a dead person." "Didn't you die?" Shouken asks hurriedly. "Gosh, I'm hurt. You want me dead?" Keika asks. "No. Never! How? I don't understand." Shouken exclaims. Keika looks at Ki and smiles, both of them say together, "Congratulations!" "For?" Shouken asks. "For having your soul restored!" they say together again. "Eh? My soul is back?" Shouken asks not believing it himself. "Yes, thanks to the birth rings combining." Keika explains. "But what about you...?" Shouken asks. "This genius Youmeshi here, Tanmoku Ki used the soul binding spell and connected our souls. So as long as he is alive I'm safe." Keika laughs looking at Shouken's dumbfounded expression. "Had fun teasing me?" he asks Keika and Ki. "Sorry." Both of them say together yet again. "Don't you have something to tell us?" Shouken asks Keika. "Yeah, I do." Keika says.

"Before grandma sent me to uncle's house using the last bit of her power, she told me to never tell anyone my name. When I reached uncle's house everything was already destroyed by dad. Keika came to get me despite being critically hurt. Although dying, he held on and spoke to me. He pulled off my birth ring and let it free, he then told me to use his name and to never disclose my real identity. I agreed reluctantly and left. That's how I became You Keika. After I became a spirit, these memories gradually disappeared. But, after getting the birth ring the memories flooded back. When I received the ring, dad thought that I, You Jikan was still alive somewhere. As a result his doubt interfered with the connection between me and Ki. After dad was convinced that I was dead the doubt disappeared, and the connection went back to normal. Aaand that's all." Keika lets out a long sigh after he finishes his story.

"So an exorcist's doubt can be that strong." Ki exclaims. "Not necessarily, it's just that the one having the ring was me, an exorcist. Dad wanted to use that to overthrow you. He planned on making me your spirit shadow and destroy the connection so that you would grow weaker." Keika says. "I see. Destiny doesn't change but fate does, I've learnt something new from you again Keika or... should I call you Jikan...?" Ki asks teasingly. "Taking revenge for the fact that I was hiding so much?" Keika asks. "Maybe~" Ki replies sweetly. "You've changed Ki, and that's all thanks to Jikan." Shouken says. "See~" Keika jokes, "I changed you for the better or else you would've remained the same spoilt brat you used to be." "Why you!" Ki says and is about to tickle Keika, but Keika runs away through the window before that. "Come back here!" Ki shouts following Keika's tracks. Shouken stays in the room and says "Those idiots used to worry me a lot. They're all grown up now." He smiles through his tears. Someone hands him a handkerchief,  he takes it and sees that the giver is Jimei, "Thank you." He says. "Shouken san you should smile more, tears don't suit you" Jimei says. "Hmmm, you should smile more too Jimei! You're too stoic" Shouken says half-jokingly. Jimei gets a bit embarrassed and says enthusiastically, "I'll do my best!" "You're cute when you get embarrassed." Shouken points out. Having his embarrassment pointed out, Jimei's ears turn slightly red. Shouken laughs and says happily, "Look at those two! It's going to be really fun here! I look forward to it!" Jimei nods and says, "No doubt about it. It's a happily ever after ending."

x-END OF CHAPTER 12-x

Published on 2018 (around August)

Edited on 26 May 2020

Thank you for reading!