SPIRITPACT SEQUEL Part 10

Half a month passes by, all is peaceful and quiet. Jiun and Shiyou are doing last minute packing before they leave. Keika goes to Ki's study and calls him to see the two off. Jimei is engaged with some other work and is outside town. Keika who had just obtained his driving license had insisted on dropping the two off at the airport. Ki was too busy with work. Had it been any other day, Ki would have declined but it was Keika's birthday, so he had no other choice but to let Keika drive. Ki sees them off after whispering to Keika to be careful. The car sets off for the airport and Ki goes back to resume his work. He gets an email and opens  it. After viewing the contents of the email, he immediately dashes outside the house.

The setting sun causes a beautiful glow to fall on Ki's face. He follows the location sent to him and is led deep into the woods. Ki senses something and immediately turns around. He barely manages to dodge an extremely powerful attack launched at him. He lands on both feet and one knee on the ground. He lifts his head and sees Sekijin standing with a smug expression on his face. "Help me!" a voice is heard from behind Ki. Ki turns around and finds Shouken tied to a tree by a magical force. Ki diverts his attention back towards Sekijin. They both engage in a heated battle. Sekijin lashes forward, Ki dodges. Ki pounces, Sekijin barely escapes. Ki grabs Sekijin when he tries to attack. "Fight fire with fire" Ki whispers and uses a full power attack. Sekijin goes flying backwards but manages to regain his footing. He lunges at Ki once more trying to get Ki when he let his guard down. Big mistake. Ki's fist lands straight on Sekijin's stomach. Sekijin falls forward, throwing up blood. Ki pulls Sekijin's collar and demands, "Why are you doing this to Shouken again?" Geting no answer he throws Sekijin down and moves towards Shouken.

Shouken is calling Ki desperately for help. Ki rushes towards Shouken and undoes the magic around Shouken. Shouken falls straight into Ki's arms. Shouken breathes heavily, his face and any visible skin filled with scars and wounds. Shouken smiles as he falls into Ki's arms. "You came," he smiles. "Thank you." He continues, his face turning evil "Thank you for falling right into our trap." he attacks Ki mid sentence. Ki barely manages to dodge. He turns around and spots Chen. Chen is casting a spell to hold the barrier he made around the three of them. He smiles at Ki and mouths the words, "Anything for my son. Nothing can interfere now." Ki immediately turns back to Shouken. "Shouken!" Ki screams trying to stop Shouken. Shouken pays no attention to Ki's calls and continues attacking. Once Ki has laid down his defenses he is an easy target. Shouken springs onto Ki using a saber. Ki staggers backwards as a deep cut is landed on his left shoulder. "Aww, I missed. Next target will be your heart." Shouken says madly. "Why are you doing this Shouken?" Ki asks weakly. "To kill you of course! Jin ge died but his life will be worth it once I take yours. Look at you. The Youmeshi defeated by a mere exorcist." Shouken laughs ecstatically, "Why you ask? To take revenge for what you did to mom!" he shouts. "Shouken. Stop" Ki pleads. "You're dead now, Tanmoku Ki!" saying so Shouken thrusts his saber right towards Ki.

"No!!" Ki screams. Ki's eyes widen as he witnesses the scene. Just centimetres in front of him is Keika the saber in his chest. Keika throws up blood as the saber pierces him. He falls onto Shouken. Keika smiles at Shouken and hugs him, "It's enough now Shouken." he whispers. "Everything is okay now. Please come... back!" Keika struggles to say. Seeing no reaction from Shouken, Keika goes on, " 'I see what you don't, you see what I don't, together we show each other what we miss. No matter how far apart... we'll always be there for each other.' Open your eyes please..." Keika begs. A tear rolls down Shouken's dazed eyes, "Jikan?" he asks, his eyes regaining focus. Keika nods with all his might, "Yes. It's me. Jikan. I'm here." He holds Shouken's cheek. Shouken's eyes return to normal and he falls on the ground holding onto Keika. "But... how?" he asks bewildered. "Impossible!" Chen shouts from the back letting go of the barrier. "You Jikan is dead! He's lying! Kill him Shouken!" Chen screams charging at Shouken. Ki blocks his path. "I'm not going to let you" he says. Chen smirks, "What can you do to me with that shoulder? You've already lost too much blood." he points out. Without warning Chen blasts an attack, Ki closes his eyes waiting for what was coming. Chen's attack is blocked by a huge barrier. Ki opens his eyes and sees In Tetsu along with Kau protecting him. Kau fights Chen while Tetsu immediately stops Ki's fall. Ki gets up and throws a talisman at Chen. Chains suddenly appear and tie up Chen. "The heavens would like a word with you." Ki says. The chains hold Chen tightly not leaving any route for escape.

Ki falls down his shoulder bleeding like crazy. He manages to reach a tree closer to where Keika and Shouken were. Keika's eyes close and his hand falls off lifelessly from Shouken's cheek. Ki watches them unable to move. "No. No! Jikan! Kan! Come back! Please! I was wrong! Please just answer me! Open your eyes and call me a jerk, anything! Please just open your eyes!" Shouken screams picking Keika's hand and placing it on his cheek again. Tears fall uncontrollably from Shouken's eyes. He continues pleading, telling Keika to open his eyes. Shouken hugs Keika closely, "I'm begging you to look at me and you're not. I don't care if no one is on my side. I just want you to be there with me. Please just open your eyes!"

x-END OF CHAPTER 10-x

Published on 2018 (around August)

Edited on 26 May 2020

Thank you for reading!