playing.

el nudged max. "let's play!" she said excitedly.

max faked annoyance. "fine," she rolled her eyes, putting a silver ring in the "girls" container dustin offered. el put in her rose gold bracelet.

"who do you wanna get?" el whispered.

"i just want to not get picked."

"then why did you put your ring in?"

"so i don't ruin my reputation." 

"oh, makes sense." el said sarcastically.

"who do you want to get?"

"i think will."

"really?"

el blushed. "yeah."

"alright, ladies and gents, is all of your shit in?" dustin called. max snorted.

"glad i can be the comedian to miss mayfield." he winked. 

max rolled her eyes. "keep telling yourself that."

max glanced over and saw mike drop the cap to his beer in the "guys" container. "what are you looking at?" he mouthed.

why did he hate her so much?

"alrighty. who wants to go first?" dustin said to the rest of the room.

"you should," max whispered to el. she winked and stood up. "me!" el called.

dustin smiled. el reached into the guys container and pulled out a shred of camo fabric. lucas stood up and turned a shade darker. dustin and mike shoved both of them in dustin's closet and locked the door.

"midnight and the weirdo! the freaks would make a great couple." troy snickered.

"fuck off, loser," will said. the whole room went 'ooooooooh.'

max snickered. will never said anything, let alone cursed. he was into her. 

the seven minutes went quicker than they thought. el came out looking exactly the way she looked when she went in. the room sighed.

"he tried to kiss me." she said to max.

"and?"

"let him down gently." she winked.

"i see."

"next up, anyone?"

stacy stood up, encouraged by her friends. "slut," someone said, fake covering it with a cough.

she rolled her eyes. she walked up and pulled out a half of a pencil. will stood up, and el went pale. they were shoved in a closet. in about three minutes, stacy had busted open the door. 

"couldn't last seven minutes?" said a voice.

"not my type." she rolled her eyes. 

"thank god," el whispered. 

max laughed. "you should go up!" el said.

"no thank you." max said.

"fine." el said.

she stood up. "my friend max would like to go!" el said cheerfully.

dustin smiled mischievously. max mouthed "i'm gonna kill you" at el and reached in the container. 

she felt around for a bit, and finally pulled out a small circular object. she looked to see it was a bottle cap.

fuck.