plan in action.

"yo, maxy!" dustin called, running up to her locker. school had just ended, and max was looking forward to a lazy weekend.

"don't call me that."

"whatever. we're just gonna hang out at will's tonight."

"alrighty."

"be there!" he yelled, running down the hallway.

"will do!" she cried, slamming her locker shut and headed out towards the bus.

dustin turned the corner and saw el waiting for him. "how'd it go?" she asked.

"fine. she's coming."

"great," el said with a smile.

"race ya!" dustin yelled, and they both took off to the exit.

max was lying on her bed with her headphones in.

"i don't want to let you down," she softly sang along. "so promise you won't let me dr-" she was cut off by a familiar girl bursting into her room.

"el?" she asked, confused but pleasantly surprised.

"we're getting ready for the party." she said, immediately diving into max's closet. max laughed.

"you think this would fit me?" she asked, pulling out a dress.

"absolutely not."

"yeah, it's not slutty enough anyways." she said, and put it back. max knew she was joking, but her heart sped up. she thought back to the closet, and-

"you. have. nothing. we're going shopping." el said, throwing max a pair of shoes. 

"whatever you say, boss." she said sarcastically and they were out the door.

they had arrived at will's house, max in a cute red crop top and denim shorts, and el in a shorter-than-normal pink dress.

"you realize this is casual?" max asked, raising an eyebrow.

"we have boys to impress, maxine." el scolded. max snorted.

"alrighty," she said, walking up to the front door. "let's hope this is fun."