just a normal morning.

max woke to her alarm blaring a neighbourhood song. ugh, she hated mondays. her room was still a mess from her and el's sleepover, and she didn't feel like cleaning it up. she hopped out of bed, turning off her alarm but keeping the music playing.

she reached into her closet and pulled out a white t-shirt and ripped jeans. dancing to the music, she brushed her hair and, like usual, skipped breakfast. max grabbed her headphones and backpack and was out the door.

when she arrived at school, el was already at her locker, and greeted her with a familiar "hey, bestie!"

max smiled. "hey there."

she started to put her books away. "hey, you know where will's locker is?" el whispered.

max scoffed. "i don't, and even if i did, i wouldn't tell you."

el faked being shocked. "why?"

"one never knows what you're planning, miss hopper."

el laughed, and glanced at her watch. "shit, gotta go. have a good day!" she said cheerfully.

soon after, a new person appeared where she just was. max didn't see clearly who it was. she just assumed it was el, and automatically said "bitch, get to class."

"oh?" a masculine voice responded.

max went red. "oh, sorry. i thought you were-"

"i don't need your excuses." mike cut her off. "i just came to say you look good today," he winked, and left quicker than he came.

max tried to hide her smile. she had a minute left before the bell, so she just went to shut her locker, and-

it was slammed shut for her, almost getting her hand caught in it.

"what the hell?" she said.

"was that mike you were talking to?" stacy and her minions were at max's locker.

"yeah, does it matter? and what was that for?" she asked defensively.

"mike. he's mine. stay away from him." she said, attempting to sound threatening. max snorted.

"you think it's funny, bitch?" she asked. max rolled her eyes.

"sure. you just got your facts mixed up." max said.

"do i?"

"yep. a. mike's not 'yours'. b. don't call me a bitch. c. i gotta get to class. bye now!" she faked a smile, turned on her heel, and went to class just before the bell rang.