Chap2

"Hi! I'm Naruto Uzumaki!"

The girls suddenly burst into a fit of whispers and giggles. "Oh, he's so cute." "I hope he sits next to me."

Sasuke eyed Naruto. The vivacious blonde seemed not to notice all the talking going on or the stares he received. Iruka-sensei turned to Naruto and began talking to him, though Sasuke couldn't hear what is was. Soon, Naruto turned around and began walking toward the back of the class. Sasuke noticed that his trajectory was toward the seat diagonally across from him, in front of Gaara. The blonde sat down and placed his books on his desk before turning around and looking at Gaara.

"Hi. I'm Narutoo.... ooh my god, you look like a PANDA!"

Gaara just sat there. A little dumb founded. 'A panda?' Sasuke barely had enough time to turn away from the scene before he stifled a LARGE burst of laughter. A flash of amusement crossed Gaara's face and his lips almost formed a smile (almost, more like an annyoed twitch).

"My name is Gaara Kaze." Gaara answered firmly, simply looking at the naive person in front of him.

'Man, does this kid speak his mind or what? God, he is such an idiot.' Sasuke turned back to the scene only to be greeted by a hand in his face. Naruto sat in his desk, turned around, and leaning toward Sasuke with his hand outstretched in a friendly handshaking position.

"What's your name?"

"Sasuke Uchiha." Sasuke sent Naruto a glare.

Naruto pulled back his hand when he realized that his shake would not be returned. 'What's this guy's problem?' Naruto, though contrary to what Sasuke had thought, had noticed the stares he received from the class, most noticeably the dark haired teen. When he had walked in he felt eyes burning into him. He had scanned the entire class and found the heated glare was coming from a pair of coal black, unfeeling eyes. The fair skinned boy glared at him as if he was the lowest scum on the earth. Why would someone hate him already? He hadn't done anything...yet. Sure he wasn't rich by any means but he did have his own apartment and a car. He didn't look like some kind of loser either, did he? Naruto had spent an hour picking out the perfect outfit in hopes of making a good impression and maybe get a few girls to notice him as well. But this boy, who seemed to have all the girls at his beck and call, seemed to hate just the fact that Naruto was alive. When Naruto had greeted Gaara; well, more like commented on his look; he had noticed that the boy, now known as Sasuke, started laughing, though he had tried to cover it up. 'Well, at least he's not so bad; he has a sense of humor.'

The first part of class went by withoutfurther interruption. The bell had rung signaling lunch time. All the students got up and headed out of the class to fill their rumbling stomachs. Naruto got up, unsure of what to do but decide to follow the rest of the kids after he retrieved his lunch. He had brought a cup of ramen, his MOST favorite food in the world, and proceeded to go outside. The weather was perfect. It was 80 degrees outside and sunny. Grass swayed in the warm breeze, lazy clouds floated along the azure sky. Spotting a nice place to sit under a tree, Naruto made his way over there and plopped down, fully content with his lunch. His first day at Konoha High hadn't been too bad so far. Apart from the glaring pretty boy Sasuke, he did manage to get acquainted with some nice people. That Sakura girl was really nice and very pretty. 20 minutes into class, the pink haired girl had turned around (she sat diagonally in front of him) and introduced herself. Also, a boy, Haku, though Naruto has confused him for an extremely pretty girl, had introduced himself. Haku had long brown hair that accentuated his very girlie features. He also was fairly quite and polite. Now, Naruto, while eating his lunch, scanned the school yard. Many students were outside, like him, and eating. He spotted a particularly loud and sizable group sitting at some tables across the yard. He also noticed that Sasuke was there as well as Sakura and a couple more kids from his class.

Sakura turned around and saw Naruto sitting all by himself. She liked the new kid. Naruto had greeted her warmly and very lively. He wasn't bad looking either, actually he wasrather cute. Deciding to be nice, she called over to him.

"Hey, Naruto! Come sit with us!"

Naruto perked up at the invitation. He was being invited to the cool table (he had noticed all the stares the kids at the table got and how all the good looking people sat there.)?

Scrounging up his stuff, Naruto made his way over to where Sakura sat.

"Everyone! This is Naruto. He's new here." Sakura turned to her friends at the table. Naruto blushed a little. He was feeling a little bit nervous at being introduced to people he hoped would like him.

"This is Kiba...Ino...Shikamaru...Neji...Lee...Hinata...you know Sasuke and Gaara... Choji...and that is Tenten and Shino." Sakura pointed at all the kids in order as she introduced them.

"Hi Naruto. Nice to meet ya. How do you like it here so far?" Kiba asked. He had spiky brown hair and cool red tattoos on his cheeks. From what Naruto could tell all the teens were pretty nice.

Looking at his new friend, Naruto sat down at the end of the table next to a dark haired girl. 'Hinata? Was that her name?' A visible blush spread across the shy girls face as she made room for him.

"H...hi Naruto. Umm...so...do you like it here in Konoha?" Hinata managed to turn an even deeper red color as she stuttered out her question. Naruto was puzzled at how much this little girl, though she was his age, could blush. 'Why was she so shy and blushy around him?'

"Hinata, your making a fool of yourself. Stop stuttering." A cool, deep, commanding voice ordered. The voice belonged to the boy called Neji. He looked to be about 18 and was very good looking. He had long, flowing, mahogany hair and the oddest white eyes. Naruto also noticed that Hinata had the same sort of eyes.

"Please excuse my cousin, she's very shy."

'So, the two are cousins.' Naruto thought. "Um...ya, I like this school a lot. The people here seem really nice."

Sasuke stayed quiet the entire time, just taking in the conversations. He kept on stealing quick glances at Naruto. All his friends seemed to warm up to Naruto and his infectious happiness. Kiba was telling Naruto about all the things they did in town for fun and what things one should not do. The word 'racing' finally caught Sasuke's attention.

"Have you ever raced a car before? Some of us do it on the weekends. Though most of the races are illegal street races but that just adds to the fun. If you're good you can make quite a bit of money."

"Hell ya I race." Naruto exclaimed happily to Kiba. "I'm really good too. I have a Cobra that has every upgrade under the sun. Bet I could beat your ass any day."

"OMG. You race Naruto? I love racing! We should go racing sometime and see how you good you really are." Sakura looked as if she couldn't be happier and Naruto looked astonished that a girl like Sakura would do something so dangerous if not illegal at times.

Sasuke sat bewildered. 'Naruto raced?' A smile crept to his face. 'This would be interesting.'